Hello from the south coast :)

Make your first post here, say "Hi" and buy a virtual round
cF^
On the Road

Hello from the south coast :)

Post by cF^ »

Just thought I'd say Hi. Currently riding an SV650 and looking for a bigger V-twin. Trying to decide between the raptor and a falco but I'm still fairly undecided. Both seem like cracking bikes. Hopefully I shan't be asking too many silly questions on here but I wouldn't put it past me :roll:
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Re: Hello from the south coast :)

Post by Crap Tartan »

Hi there, ask away people on here usually have an answer for most things!!!!!

I have owned both bikes you talk of, the Falco is very accomplished, fast and handles pretty good straight out the box but i prefer the Rap as its got a more characterful engine, looks far better and seems to have that strangely missing thing in most modern bikes......................................................................SOUL!!!!

Just my tuppenth!
nil illigitimae carborundum
Fausto
On the Road

Post by Fausto »

Hi and welcome. Just like Crap (sorry- couldn't resist it) I have owned both a Falco and Raptor. I loved them both but they are fairly different bikes. The Falco is certainly more polished, handles well and is quick and comfortable...... for a sportsbike. However the Raptor far more suits my riding demands nowadays. It's huge fun. The engine is great (although perhaps a bit more top endy). It handles well and is much more comfortable on all but the longest runs ( 3hours+). I took my Falco down to Cannes but wouldn't fancy that on the Raptor. So for local B road blasting the Raptor is the boy I believe.

You'll love whichever you choose though.
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Hey......sorry folks I led him down our garden path :dance:

Now hes here, its all downhill, or uphill from here cF^!!!

I've given a few pointers...now its down to the experts :tada:
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
cF^
On the Road

Post by cF^ »

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

It's great to have the perspective of people that have owned both bikes on here.
The Rappy certainly looks nicer in to my eyes but I do have plans to tour Europe and need something that can also munch up a few miles. I'm used to taking arse breaks every couple of hours on the SV so if it's no worse than that I shouldn't have a problem :)
How comfy is the pillion seat on the rappy?
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Welcome in cf^ :D I've pillioned on mine (although not very far) it was fine - can't say how it would be for long distance.

I always take regular breaks - but I'm old and creaky :dance:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Demonbaker
On the Road

Post by Demonbaker »

cF^ wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome :)

It's great to have the perspective of people that have owned both bikes on here.
The Rappy certainly looks nicer in to my eyes but I do have plans to tour Europe and need something that can also munch up a few miles. I'm used to taking arse breaks every couple of hours on the SV so if it's no worse than that I shouldn't have a problem :)
How comfy is the pillion seat on the rappy?
Hi cF^ Welcome to the forum.

I have a Xtra Raptor for sale that also has a modified comfy seat for rider and pillion. If you want to have a look or try the seat etc. no problem no obligation . Not sure where you are on the south coast but im in Wiltshire . If your not sure about using one for touring, i rode mine to Poland and back in 6 days in 2008 with no problem, it will just eat up the miles
If everything seems in controll your not going fast enough.
cF^
On the Road

Post by cF^ »

Cheers for the offer :)
I'm actually out of the country at the moment and shan't be back for a few weeks but if your bike is still there when I get back and I'm heading your way I might ask if I could have a nosey just to see one in the flesh.
I'm after a vanilla raptor 1000 I think, I'm not such a fan of the fairing on the v-raptor and the extra raptor just seems like extra bling I'd rather not fork out for (unless I'm mistaken - are there any other differences between it and the regular bike?).

I'm down in Brighton by the by, is anyone else down this way who might have a bike I could sneak a look at some time? :)
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

HI and welcome in, Im not far from Brighton, let me know when you are back in the country and we can meet up if you like

Sheb.... Is it time for another 6 Bells gathering? :tada:
Twisted Tequila Sister
slix2110
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: sussex hydrografix

Post by slix2110 »

Hi there, and welcome to the group of people who've (re?)discovered the fun you can have on a torquey engined naked bike which also makes people look-especially when they check out the MV Agusta labelling. Just back from a 400 mile trip (with overnight stop) on mine + the g/f on her elderly Divvy. No ill effects except numb bum when nearly home. Steady 85-90 on M40/25/23-great fun weaving through the unfortunate tin box traffic in the 30 degree weather we had today! I'm in Eastbourne by the way so you're more than welcome to come and have a butchers any time you like.
cF^
On the Road

Post by cF^ »

That's funny, I'm actually from Eastbourne originally, I'm over that way quite alot.
I'll give you both a shout when I'm back and hopefully we could have a meet up or a ride out somewhere!
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

sounds good!
Twisted Tequila Sister