Modified Standard Cans

General spannery stuff
taz_116
On the Road

Modified Standard Cans

Post by taz_116 »

Here's a question.

Has anyone attempted to modify thier standard cans i.e remove some of the baffles?

I was up the gargae on saturday and must admit i think they still suit the bike better than the Stainless cans i have on. Just wish they were a little louder.

I think Cagiva really did quieten the bike down too much :(

Si
Burn Rubber, Not Your Soul

2001 V-Raptor 1000, K&N Air Filter & TRE
Treffynnon
On the Road

Re: Modified Standard Cans

Post by Treffynnon »

I have CCC carbon cans on mine and I think they look far better than the carbon Cagiva originals that came with it. Not to mention they are far lighter.

Most modified original exhaust I have heard sounded terrible. But maybe if you repacked it after drilling or removing the baffles then it could be ok. Not sure what the insides of the Raptor exhaust look like though might need to weld up a new straight through drilled core pipe. http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/howto ... index.html
weirdo
On the Road

Post by weirdo »

The originals aren't actually carbon. They're steel with a carbony type plastic covering (i know 'cos mine started to peel off years ago). Even if you take all their guts out they would STILL weigh 3 1/2 tons each. :lol:
To a Raptor....EVERYTHING else is just prey !!

WOOHOO!...TWINS!
taz_116
On the Road

Post by taz_116 »

Its just an idea i was toying with. I do like the shape of the original.....
Burn Rubber, Not Your Soul

2001 V-Raptor 1000, K&N Air Filter & TRE
jimO
On the Road

Post by jimO »

i replaced mine with a set of vtr1000 honda cans that had been gutted, nice sound and half the weight of the factory cans ......http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x67/ ... CF3553.flv
kev
On the Road

Post by kev »

you can drill a few holes around the outlet makes it louder but not any lighter :P