In search of advice

Chat about anything
BigHungryJoe
On the Road

In search of advice

Post by BigHungryJoe »

Hi,
I just put a deposit down on a red 2006 Raptor 650. I can't wait to ride it but before I take delivery, is there anything I can do to it before I start riding to help maintain its finish through road chippings and horrible english weather?
I don't have a car so I ride all through the year, and I'm worried about the paint getting damaged by salt and grit.
Also, are there any essential mods you guys would reccomend?
Cheers.
A bike on the road is worth two in the shed.
steve996
On the Road

re advice

Post by steve996 »

buy some acf 50 from m&p or mps etc.this stuff is ace at protecting ally,paintwork etc and also neutralizes road salt,it is also a brilliant back to black for plastics and stuff.i use it all the time as my 01 v-raps finish is rubbish.hangers engine casings,fork legs and chrome all need constant attention and acf 50 will protect just about anything including electrics,its also a good penatrating spray.also try to keep it dry-see ya
BigHungryJoe
On the Road

Post by BigHungryJoe »

Thanks very much, I'll give that a go.
ozzy
On the Road

Post by ozzy »

replace all the bolts for stainless ones.italian bolts instantly rust and look crap.but remember you cannot use stainless in stress critical areas.splash out on titanuim to replace those.
ozzy
On the Road

Post by ozzy »

also fitting a hugger will protect your mono shock, and personally i would recommend a bellypan.
BigHungryJoe
On the Road

Post by BigHungryJoe »

Thanks, will an SV bellypan and hugger fit? If not do you know where I can find ones that will?
ozzy
On the Road

Post by ozzy »

sv ones im told fit,but dont have the right lines if you have a v rap.look at my pics in chat.belly pan came from www.cabontek.com , forza italia have a nice range in both carbon and plastic.
ozzy
On the Road

Post by ozzy »

link dont seem to work,type it into brouser works fine.