v rap handlebars

General spannery stuff
zebedee
On the Road

v rap handlebars

Post by zebedee »

Hi all

Was wondering if anyone had fitted different bars to their V rap. I want to keep the horns (fnar fanr snick snick and other double entendres). I was hoping to get anodised Renthals but have no clue how to find out if they do the same profile as on their now. Help anyone?

Z
live long and prosper earthmen
Miz
On the Road

Renthal

Post by Miz »

Hi,

Have a look here,

http://www.renthal.com/default.asp

Shows how to measure your bars to check what you can fit.

Miz.
152/999
Brihass
On the Road

Post by Brihass »

I fitted Renthal ultra lows to my X-Rap, they are very slightly higher than the original bars and just squeeze in under the horns.
140/999 Xtra Raptor.....Carbon Quill Cans, Carbon Hugger, Carbon Rear Guard, Carbon Bar End Mirrors, Renthal Bars, Belly Pan, Power Commander, K&N, TRE, Iridium Plugs, Silicon Leads, 2CT's.
zebedee
On the Road

Post by zebedee »

Cheers for that. Any problems fitting them? Did they need to be drilled or adapted or anything?
live long and prosper earthmen
Brihass
On the Road

Post by Brihass »

the renthals I fitted on needed a small pilot hole drilling in each side of the bars to locate the small lug on the controls (Stops the controls from spinning around on the bars) easily measured from the standard bars. You don't need to drill all the way through the metal, just enough depth to locate the lug.
140/999 Xtra Raptor.....Carbon Quill Cans, Carbon Hugger, Carbon Rear Guard, Carbon Bar End Mirrors, Renthal Bars, Belly Pan, Power Commander, K&N, TRE, Iridium Plugs, Silicon Leads, 2CT's.