Hey, G'day, I'm back!

Make your first post here, say "Hi" and buy a virtual round
Runs With Scissors
On the Road

Hey, G'day, I'm back!

Post by Runs With Scissors »

OK OK maybe you didn't miss me.... but have a drink on me anyway :)

Been slightly distracted by other things for a couple of years, but still out and about on the Raptor.
No major changes to the bike, although I'll go up a tooth on the front sprocket (if I can get the original off! :evil: ), add a Baines link and a steering damper soon.

Yesterday was Australia Day (any excuse for a day off work), so today I am nursing a sore neck after going for a 360km run with a the local Ducati mob.
Crikey some of them ride fast, but it was nice to mix it with them on something other than a Duck.

Throw in a couple of hazards like an echidna crossing the road and a very unhappy brown snake :shock: . Combine with outright silly speeds, occasional patches of stones or sand on the road and 30 degree (Celsius) heat and you have the recipe for a hell of a lot of fun (murder on the tyres though).

It's a pity there are not a few more Raptor owners around the area (I know of only 2 others in Canberra), then we could have a few of our own gatherings.

Come to think of it, you may be interested to hear that one of the locals rode her 650 Raptor around Australia a while back.
A long ride on any bike especially one not normally classified as a long distance tourer.

Time for a refill.... bourbon this time..... :wink:

Cop ya later,
Allan
If you aren't living on the edge you are taking up too much room.
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Welcome home Allan - I'll have a large tequila please (with orange juice since its still early here)!!

Glad to see you are still enjoying her 8)
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Hey Allan - good to see you again :D and smoking Duck's as well :D good lad 8)

I think I best have a gin and tonic - nearly dinner time and dont want to fill meself up :lol:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>