uneven running

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
nick

uneven running

Post by nick »

can anyone suggest anything to cure my raptor 1000 s un even running at half or part throttle as its getting worse
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

There has been problems with water gettting into the fuel on some Raptors here, I'll have a search for the thread....

http://www.jahlis.net/s2r/viewtopic.php ... ight=water

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

If It's not damp getting in try to get the FI smoothed at lower revs by a techno mechanic with a yoshi box?
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
nick

Post by nick »

can you or anyone recomend a mech or shop that can sort my FI? london/kent area
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Suzuki shop should have the basic knowledge but they'll need a Yoshi box or connector for the Raptor - I know where one is but he won't let me have it :cry: but will make enquiries - he may be able to tell me how to get hold of one - so we can have a RaptorChapter stock item :D
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Miz
On the Road

Throttle Set up

Post by Miz »

Hi, hope this helps, I can mail you a copy of this in word if you need it.

Moto One Raptor / Navigator TPS Setting Procedure

1. Remove airbox, etc, to allow complete access to throttle bodies.

2. Wind idle adjusting knob on LH side off at least two turns.

3. Disconnect throttle linkage at rear butterfly, taking care to remove the plastic washer and spring.

4. Wind rear cylinder throttle stop screw off to allow butterfly to shut completely.

5. Adjust TPS to give 1.080 volts between brown/black and grey/orange wires – front and centre. The ignition must be turned on to do this.

6. Mark screws with red paint once tightened.

7. Wind idle stop screw back in to give 1.125 volts between the two wires. This is the idle setting.

8. Reconnect throttle linkage.

9. Wind air bleed screws in full closed and set running balance. Connect vacuum gauges to fuel pressure regulator vacuum ports. Leave fuel pressure regulator vacuum lines open. Remove the other vacuum line coming from the rear throttle body next to the fuel pressure reg take off at the check valve on the left hand side and plug. Keep all other vacuum lines/electrical connectors to the airbox, etc connected.

10. Once running balance is set, set idle balance by winding up the idle stop for the front cylinder using the idle adjustment knob. Be sure not to wind idle adjustment knob too far and open throttles off rear cylinder stop screw. This may not result in correct balance, as close as possible is all that is required.

11. Finish idle balance with air bleeds if required, although this is not critical. Idle speed should be correct without needing air bleeds opened to raise speed.

12. Refit all bits.
nick

got much better

Post by nick »

checked plug caps..bit damp,checked petrol tank drain hole,blocked(overflow bit),,, took off TRE and hey presto much better ,not perfect but somethings worked! just one more question i took a funny little widget type looking thingy off one of the pipes that comes from the throttle bodies(some sort of valve that looks like a filter) and i cant remember what way it goes back on..ie orange side to carb or outwards!!??? your help has been invaluable and i really have got a lot from this site! so thanks guys!