Factory Pro "Teka SFI"

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
Renegade Hippy
On the Road

Factory Pro "Teka SFI"

Post by Renegade Hippy »

Does anyone here have any experience of the Factory Pro Teka SFI?

I've only just discovered it today, having spend ages trying to find a Yoshi box dyno service near me. It looks wonderful and I am almost tempted to buy one outright and dabble myself. It is like a Yoshi box, but with *realtime adjustment* so very quick to make small changes. Unlike the Power Commander, it doesn't bodge the production ECU maps OR stay installed on the bike.

http://www.factorypro.com/TEKA_SFI/TEKA ... n,ECU.html

The importers of Factory Pro stuff to the UK is Straightline Racing in Kings Lynn http://www.straightlineracing.co.uk/ but I can't see it anywhere on their site.

I will call them tomorrow.
Renegade Hippy
On the Road

Teka SFI now ordered

Post by Renegade Hippy »

Well I have now called Straightline Racing and placed an order for a Teka SFI box. The price is £374, which is a fairish translation of the USD price of $595.

The guy said that this box is amazing and so easy to use. He said we used to use the arcaic Yoshimura box, but with the Teka you make adjustments while the engine is running and even while riding the bike. I'm trying to imagine how to do this safely - I think I'll need a pillion rider!

I read a lot about the Power Commander on this list (and elsewhere), but have always thought it is as a nasty bodge to interupt, modify and then replay the signals from the production ECU AND have to have an extra gizmo plumbed into the bike, when reprogramming the map in the ECU is free (apart from the cost of the tools) and weighs nothing!

At last I am hoping to smooth out the jerky throttle at initial roll on and confidently fit and tune for a K&N filter and a set of titanium pipes.
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Good luck - let us know how it goes!! 8)
Mike Edwards
On the Road

Post by Mike Edwards »

Why didn't you just find a dyno place that had a Teka box and use theirs?

Once the internal map has been updated the box is unplugged and is no further use to you.
Renegade Hippy
On the Road

Post by Renegade Hippy »

Absolutely see your point Mike. But I couldn't find anywhere nearby and don't intend to keep the motor in stock tune or in a single step modified form either.... And I am looking forward to dabbling with it.