Newbie saying HI

Make your first post here, say "Hi" and buy a virtual round
BlownV

Newbie saying HI

Post by BlownV »

Just thought I'd drop in and say Hi!! I've been building mental bikes for a while now (Turbo Hayabusa, Gpz Turbo and Supercharged V max) Just wondered if anyone has actually Turbo'd a V Raptor yet? took delivery of my 2001 V Raptor yesterday and already have idea's for playing with it :twisted:

Steve
JimBo
On the Road

Post by JimBo »

Hi Steve

Can't help you with the turbo, but welcome to the forum.
So many motorcycles, so little money!
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Well it sounds like you are suitably insane to be playing here! Welcome to the Asylum.
8)
Amanda M
On the Road

Post by Amanda M »

Hi,

I think it's quite difficult to turbo V-twins - you'd need 1 turbo for each cylinder I think. I could be very wrong though :lol: Good luck if you try something like that and can I have a go if you do manage it :wink:

Welcome to the site

Amanda
oogachaka
On the Road

Post by oogachaka »

Sounds like it could be a fun project, never seen or heard of it being done before.

Welcome to the gang, and keep us posted if you decide to turbo it.
BlownV

Post by BlownV »

Thanks for the replies guys and girls, took the V Raptor for it's first proper ride the other day and I must say I've ridden some Mental bikes in my time (I've had 80 bikes in the past 10 years) but this takes the biscuit, dont think there was a set of traffic lights that I got to set off from without going vertical!!! rear tyre wear must be phenominal!!! :lol:

Cheers

Steve
Amanda M
On the Road

Post by Amanda M »

Is yours the really tasty painted up V-raptor that was in streetfighters? If it is were you near Stalybridge on sunday?

Amanda
BlownV

Post by BlownV »

No sorry Amanda not guilty of that one, mines a standard Red one (for now).

Cheers Steve
Amanda M
On the Road

Post by Amanda M »

Mine's standard except for the remus cans. I can't think of owt else to add to it cos it's perfect the way it is :lol:

Might see see you bobbing around Manchester then 8)
BlownV

Post by BlownV »

You may see me bobing around Manchester? Manchesters a big place, whereabouts in Manchester are you? The only thing that isn't standard on mine at the moment is the TRE that's fitted to it and the removal of the rubber air intakes.

Cheers

Steve

Here's a pic of my last project bike, a Supercharged V max was featured on Top Dog bikes on Men&Motors
Amanda M
On the Road

Post by Amanda M »

I'm in Stalybridge, but commute to the University everyday either on the raptor or a pink and black FZX750 :twisted:

Love the V-max 8)
BlownV

Post by BlownV »

Thanks for the comment on the Max Amanda, Which Uni do you attend? there's a lot of them in Manchester!!!

Cheers Steve
Amanda M
On the Road

Post by Amanda M »

I'm not a student, but I work at manchester uni in the faculty of life sciences 8) It's not a bad way to spend the day really and I can see the bike from the window!
davidm
On the Road

Post by davidm »

Hi Steve

Blueflames K&N filter and PC with a remap, is all the tuning
mine has had, "YES" they are quick arn't they P/W ratio is cool.

Something a bit different for yours you say... how about a drop of... NOS :twisted:
BlownV

Post by BlownV »

Hi David,

Nitrous not my scene, it's like sex one shot and the bottles empty!!! :shock: :lol: Prefer boosting where it gives continuous power and if it's set up right won't melt your pistons.

Hi Amanda

So more of a teacher then!!! Faculty of life! Mmmm what's that all about then???

Cheers

Steve