Tri thing symbol

Chat about anything
rikrap

Tri thing symbol

Post by rikrap »

Hi info wanted on the Raptor tank emblem tri wavy thinghy. Looks a bit Celtic What Why etc.. RR :roll: :roll:
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

www.cagiva.it (has english translation) says it is the Celtic symbol for Body, Mind and Soul, but I'm sure it has a name. 8) I rather think it would make a nice tattoo :D
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Amanda M
On the Road

Post by Amanda M »

snapdragon wrote:55 years agowww.cagiva.it (has english translation) says it is the Celtic symbol for Body, Mind and Soul, but I'm sure it has a name. 8) I rather think it would make a nice tattoo :D
I was thinking that myself 8) I've always liked that symbol :D
davidm
On the Road

Post by davidm »

SNAP WROTE
I rather think it would make a nice tattoo

IT DOES 8)
rikrap

Tri thing

Post by rikrap »

Thanks for that Looks like a play on the Triskel from Britanny .Thats about the three elements Earth Fire Water and loads of other celtic stuff of legends etc. Would make a cracking tat but allready got a Triskel myself.. (allways room for more) ?? RR :lol: :lol:
hpyraptor
On the Road

Post by hpyraptor »

The symbol is used in the intro to Channel 4 prog "Charmed". 3 fit birds giving demons a hard time....uh ...allegedly......according to my teenage daughter.............. :oops:

ps . The 3 points are supposed to be mind, body and soul.
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

davidm wrote:55 years agoSNAP WROTE
I rather think it would make a nice tattoo

IT DOES 8)
Ok next trip up to the homeland and I'm hanging a left to see how it looks :D

Don't want to be a copycat - but what DL - where shall I have it put??
SnappY
davidm
On the Road

Post by davidm »

SNAP WROTE

Don't want to be a copycat - but what DL - where shall I have it put??[/quote]

TOP OF RIGHT ARM ABOVE TRIBAL ARMBAND TATTOO FOR ME.
Being a child of the sixties it was a must have, since i took early retirement last year ive also let my hair grow(if youve got it flaunt it!) it feels good to have my life back after so many years of short hair and wearing a bloody whistle every day.... Think ill go and listen to dark side of the moon and have a beer!
Stay cool you lot.
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

davidm wrote:55 years ago TOP OF RIGHT ARM ABOVE TRIBAL ARMBAND TATTOO FOR ME.
Being a child of the sixties it was a must have, since i took early retirement last year ive also let my hair grow(if youve got it flaunt it!) it feels good to have my life back after so many years of short hair and wearing a bloody whistle every day.... Think ill go and listen to dark side of the moon and have a beer!
Stay cool you lot.
:lol:

I was wondering what band to put under my celtic birds (top of Left arm)... I might feel a creative moment comming on... Raptor triskel as a center point on a nice band... hmmmm...

and I know what you mean about having your life back... they made me redundant last year after 22 years of working in London I now work in Sussex (7 miles of nice twisty roads) from home. :D
DrBagiva
On the Road

Post by DrBagiva »

:idea: Methinks I'll nip down the tatooist's tomorrow and have it tatooed around my third nipple! :shock: :shock:
hpyraptor
On the Road

Post by hpyraptor »

Anyone noticed that one of the smartest helmets on the market has got a symbol not unlike the triskel on both sides. Check out Shoei's Kagayama Rep. I feel an investment coming on! Bit dear though by my usual cheapskate standards, are Shoei's that good??? Cheapest I've seen was Ally Pally show and they wanted £250.
hebs

Post by hebs »

They been given top marks in MCN and a few other mags. One of the best helmets going i think. I'm saving up my pennies for one myself.

I know the shows have special offers but the cheapest you can buy it anywhere else i've found is BB Bikeshop, £299. RRP is £350. they have a website. www.bbbikeshop.co.uk i think.
davidm
On the Road

Post by davidm »

Bought a SHOEI Z ONE three years ago hav'nt used ear plugs since,
visor changes in a matter of seconds, vents work brill!!
Best £350 i ever spent GO for it you wont be sorry :lol:
Spyke
On the Road

Re: Tri thing symbol

Post by Spyke »

Holy epic thread resurrection time - do we have a winner? :mrgreen:

Show us yer tats! :photo:
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
snapdragon

Re: Tri thing symbol

Post by snapdragon »

I still didn't, but Fazerstun did.
SnappY