CLUTCH SWITCH

Chat about anything
matty1690
On the Road

CLUTCH SWITCH

Post by matty1690 »

Most say if its not broke dont fix it but I like things right!
I have noticed that there is a threaded part on my clutch lever with nothing in it and i see a jack plug coming out of the lh switch gear. The jack plug if going into a wee connector thats going nowhere!
I disconnected it and the bike wouldnt start so realised that it was doing something or making a circuit. Bike runs very rough low revs when cold then I read about clutch switches being faulty etc mine doesnt have one by the looks of it. Easy fix or to be left alone any comments would be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:
HiFi
On the Road

Re: CLUTCH SWITCH

Post by HiFi »

My old Rappy had the 3000rpm thing and I successfully fixed it with a clutch switch mod... My present Rappy seems OK as is, ie. with a stock clutch switch. If I remember correctly the switch goes off when lever pulled in and makes the circuit when lever out. I think the problem must be a stock switch that leaks a little current when "off" ie, enough to trick the engine management and affect the fuelling...? (Do I have that the right way around?! :lol: )

Anyway, get an on / off switch with a lever, mount it on the bars somewhere discreet and hook up to your wiring loomb. You can then flick it off to start the bike and once started, flick it off and drive away without the 3000rpm stutter. There must be a thread about it in the techy parts of ths forum somewhere :thumbsup:
matty1690
On the Road

Post by matty1690 »

theres some sort of switch that has been plugged in to it but i still have the 2500-3000 rpm stutter misfire
matty1690
On the Road

Post by matty1690 »

or maybe thats the bit that the switch was meant to plug into problem is I dont know of any others i can look at to see :geek:
matty1690
On the Road

Post by matty1690 »

Do you normally have to pull the clutch in to start these beasts as u dont on mine??? :yawn:
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

matty1690 wrote:55 years agoDo you normally have to pull the clutch in to start these beasts as u dont on mine??? :yawn:
Yes they do as standard, sounds like yours has been modified somewhat, fwiw mine would stutter at low revs on start-up if I didn't use the throttle advance (choke thing) to start, and make sure she's proper warmed up before I set off.
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
matty1690
On the Road

Post by matty1690 »

found a clutch switch on ebay for about a tenner including postage gonna give that a bash thanks for the replies
ps anybody needs a switch i can point them in the right direction :mrgreen:
raptor996
On the Road

Post by raptor996 »

[imgImage][/img]the switch is the same as a yamaha one!