Yo! From a newbie in Wilts

Make your first post here, say "Hi" and buy a virtual round
Miz
On the Road

Re: Yo! From a newbie in Wilts

Post by Miz »

andybaggies wrote:55 years ago
norrie wrote:55 years agoIt doesn't look to bad as long as nothing is bent.
Get some proper pictures up of the whole bike with a price and see what happens.
Well... things have changed a little. Norrie, I'd been thinking about your suggestion of using the bike & that's what I'm going to be doing. In the short term at least.

As is i.e. SORN, running but not serviced etc, the value is going to be pretty minimal if not bugger all. So she's going to get a full service, oil, brake fluid, filters, pads, chain & sprocket, tyre etc and then I may as well use her on the nice days before we move to Bath in July. I'm guessing this will improve her value to something more acceptable. And it will also give me time to see what's she's like on a daily basis & whether to chop her in or not.

One question I do have though is what are oemmootorparts like for delivery & service? I was going to order an indicator pod & a rear seat panel but I doubt I'll be replacing the fairing - over £500 !eeek!
I have spare indicator pods, I also think I have a fairing support bracket and fairing, drop me a PM if you are interested. I'm in Derby, but travel a lot for work so might even be able to deliver, so long as you are not in too much of a rush.
152/999
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Post by Crap Tartan »

If Miz aint got a fairing bracket i have one new and one slightly bent too.
nil illigitimae carborundum
andybaggies
On the Road

Post by andybaggies »

Miz wrote:55 years ago I have spare indicator pods, I also think I have a fairing support bracket and fairing, drop me a PM if you are interested. I'm in Derby, but travel a lot for work so might even be able to deliver, so long as you are not in too much of a rush.
Crap Tartan wrote:55 years agoIf Miz aint got a fairing bracket i have one new and one slightly bent too.
Thanks guys mighty kind of you all.

Just replied to your mail Miz, & as I mentioned to him I'd bought a fairing off ebay quite literally 3 mins before his email arrived - doh! It seemed a fair deal mind, in red & £99 delivered. It does have pre drilled holes for a screen that will of course be hidden by the horns & they could prove useful later if I decide to fit one. My fairing bracket is fine but thanks anyway Tartan

BTW I have also contacted MME motorcycles to see if they can source some new pods -they go direct to the factory by the sounds of it so time probably isn't of the essence! But I suspect the goods would be pukka. These are the same guys who Dizzy mentioned in the Ebay Seat panel thread in the Ads and although I haven't heard back from them yet they couldn't be more helpful on the phone.

Eeee! Tommy I'm all cited now :)