Re: My XRaptor has been stolen!!!

Post by Crap Tartan »

This bike is still listed on ebay!
nil illigitimae carborundum
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Crap Tartan wrote:55 years agoThis bike is still listed on ebay!
No sooner had it been taken off ebay, it re emerged . I got tipped off by a mate ;-)
There's a reason they won't negotiate . Us locals know them as Robbing Sods. (Rs)
We asked if we could negotiate a price, the answer was no. Pretty sharply.
Someone such as yourself CT would be able to tackle it no problem, but when my own is still as crashed as before , I need to step away. That's feckin me off I can tell you!!!! All the parts are there for it!
The Xtra has evaded my clutches for ten years. I so wish I could grasp it!!

Go on, give it a home! If you change the cans, give us first dibs! Even though there's no keys, it started first time with their special tool :lol:
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Post by Crap Tartan »

I am very tempted by this, so what concerns me is the salt air damage you mentioned when you went to view?
The hangers i can repaint, whats the marks on the tank? Will it need a respray?
Seat hump and levers and ignition can easily be replaced.
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

For that price, no 238 of less than 999 made , probabally more like less than 500 actual , would be a good buy me thinks
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Crap Tartan wrote:55 years agoI am very tempted by this, so what concerns me is the salt air damage you mentioned when you went to view?
The hangers i can repaint, whats the marks on the tank? Will it need a respray?
Seat hump and levers and ignition can easily be replaced.
Well, I expected it looked as good as the photos. It needs a respray on the tank. No questions . On the photos it looks almost pristine but it's not.
There's marks all over the radiator sides of varying depths ,but it isn't leaking or damaged that way on my inspection . Seat needs a really good cleanse. It's almost mouldy. Indicator pods have marks on both. It just needs some serious TLC with such things as fasteners , and needs someone who is used to taking a bike apart and restoring it well . It's worth a sympathy vote, but rare or not, I don't think it's worth 2k( I'm from Yorkshire , we're tight!) after taking into consideration what bits need replacing, repairing , respraying. AND CAT C. It just appears to have been sat exposed without covering since it was nicked. Which we know Raptors melt if they're not in a wooly jumper :lol:
CT it's all cosmetic, but I was comparing it to how clean mine is, even with its broken bits. Daft thing is the water pump housing is OK on paint!
I don't have the money or the time. Sadly.

If you do view, let us know, swing by pay us a visit , maybe lend a sofa for the night ;-)
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
Crap Tartan
On the Road

Post by Crap Tartan »

Cheers Dizz, I have already PM`d you without having seen this reply.

I will consider coming to take a looksee in the near future. I am rather swamped with 2 houses being done up, selling my Shadow and the nearing of baby Tartan in August. I could still buy it and put it away until I am ready to start work on it...................................
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Crap Tartan wrote:55 years agoCheers Dizz, I have already PM`d you without having seen this reply.

I will consider coming to take a looksee in the near future. I am rather swamped with 2 houses being done up, selling my Shadow and the nearing of baby Tartan in August. I could still buy it and put it away until I am ready to start work on it...................................
Its been with them 10 days. Sounds like you have as much on your plate as me!
I really can't guage how long they will have it. I suppose there will be a lot of interest.

Oh....Forgot to say in the PM, perhaps they didn't take us seriously because the chap immediately started talking to my fella, and he pointed out it wasn't for him, it was for me.....a blonde, riding that....are you having a giraffe....was the look on the blokes face :angry:
Abarth
On the Road

Post by Abarth »

Hey All. Sad to see my Rap has been left in a sorry state. Odd that there are no keys as I gave them to the insurance company.
I think 2k is a bit steep for a cat C, but I'm surprised it's gone rotten so quick. That said, it was missing for an age.
As an aside, if anyone wanted a set of original xrap cans, I still have them!!
Someone buy it please. The plastic is easy to paint!!!
Anyone need the cans,et me know.
Cheers
Ant
Crap Tartan
On the Road

Post by Crap Tartan »

Hey Abarth, I have sent you a PM about the xtra.
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

So did youse manage to save this beastie from getting sold off to foreign slave-traders?!
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.