MV Agusta badges/decals

Chat about anything
4nt
On the Road

MV Agusta badges/decals

Post by 4nt »

I've just ordered a pair of 5cm approx MV Agusta badges for my 650 raptor.

Where do people generally put these? I've seen a couple on the colour panel just below pillion section. Maybe somewhere on the tank could be good.

I'm open to ideas and some pics would help if you have so e to share.

Thanks. :revrev:
norrie
On the Road

Re: MV Agusta badges/decals

Post by norrie »

I don't put them anywhere as it's a Cagiva. :nerner:
Norrie.

Lang may yer lum reek!
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

norrie wrote:55 years agoI don't put them anywhere as it's a Cagiva. :nerner:
:thumbsup:
Don't ride faster than your angels can fly !
4nt
On the Road

Post by 4nt »

Ha! :yuck: I saw the badge on the frame then read on the internet about mv agusta being the parent company.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cagiva

I always thought it was a decent brand.

Each to his/her own as they say.
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

4nt wrote:55 years agoHa! :yuck: I saw the badge on the frame then read on the internet about mv agusta being the parent company.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cagiva

I always thought it was a decent brand.

Each to his/her own as they say.
Mmm, but brands and parent companies can be poles apart..

Bentley owned by VAG
Jaguar, Aston Martin, Land Rover all owned by Ford
152/999
norrie
On the Road

Post by norrie »

Buell was owned by Harley. :(
Norrie.

Lang may yer lum reek!
4nt
On the Road

Post by 4nt »

I worked for VAG in various brands so know quite how far and wide the bits n bobs spread around. As regards ford and jag just consider those x types that were actually less reliable than the Mondeo.

So is the frame on the bike mv Agusta? Or is it a sticker just to say it's the parent/owning company?
4nt
On the Road

Post by 4nt »

norrie wrote:55 years agoBuell was owned by Harley. :(
I may get shot for saying this but I badly want an XB9S cafe racer the white one with the number panels on the side etc. lovely... And truly and utterly un reliable I am lead to believe.
norrie
On the Road

Post by norrie »

Yes unreliable but they somehow get under your skin. :nod:
Norrie.

Lang may yer lum reek!
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

4nt wrote:55 years agoI worked for VAG in various brands so know quite how far and wide the bits n bobs spread around. As regards ford and jag just consider those x types that were actually less reliable than the Mondeo.

So is the frame on the bike mv Agusta? Or is it a sticker just to say it's the parent/owning company?
Cagiva was part of MV Agusta when the Raptors were designed and built originally, so the design was badged accordingly. Since then they spent a brief period owned by HarleyDavidson. But now I have nottacloo
4nt wrote:55 years agoI may get shot for saying this but I badly want an XB9S cafe racer the white one with the number panels on the side etc. lovely... And truly and utterly un reliable I am lead to believe.
No shooting - we're not prejudiced in this forum :dance:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

LOL, apparently Cagiva owned Ducati at one point, wonder what the Ducati Owners Club would think if I rocked up with Cagiva badges on my duke! I do tease them quite a lot already, telling them the Rap is like the Monster, but better! :evil:
4nt wrote:55 years agoI may get shot for saying this but I badly want an XB9S cafe racer the white one with the number panels on the side etc. lovely...
Not at all, I did think, when I wrote off my Firestorm, that it may have left a Buell-shaped space in my garage!
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
4nt
On the Road

Post by 4nt »

Wow, it genuinely is quite a back and forth in terms of acquisition and tie ins etc, I don't think I'll fit all those badges on the bike! Ha.

Really not sure wether or not to put these decals on now or not, it really was just MV badge close to the headstock that gave me the idea. I think if the frame came out of the actual MV factory or was used on a bike from their range I'd feel I had some right to bob them on but just financial ownership I'm maybe not as keen to use them. :doh:

Thanks again for the info.
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Each to their own i guess 8)
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Spyke wrote:55 years agoLOL, apparently Cagiva owned Ducati at one point, wonder what the Ducati Owners Club would think if I rocked up with Cagiva badges on my duke! I do tease them quite a lot already, telling them the Rap is like the Monster, but better! :evil:
4nt wrote:55 years agoI may get shot for saying this but I badly want an XB9S cafe racer the white one with the number panels on the side etc. lovely...
Not at all, I did think, when I wrote off my Firestorm, that it may have left a Buell-shaped space in my garage!
What did you think of the vtr1000 , i see there's no shortage of secondhand firestorms for sale, something like 70+ on bikesales alone and only 1 x raptor
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

I loved it, it was a big step up for me as my previous bike had been a ZZR600. Really accessible, some would say "Boring Honda" I guess! The only real downside was the side mounted radiators which were a pig in summer, especially when I was living in Sydders and getting stuck in traffic was a given. Felt much tamer than the rap, but really, really easy to get up to silly speed with the fairing doing a great job.
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.