Banjo bolt thread for brake lines.

General spannery stuff
norrie
On the Road

Banjo bolt thread for brake lines.

Post by norrie »

Can someone tell me the thread pitch for the banjo bolts on the brake lines? Master cylinder and caliper ones.
I went to fit the new stainless braided hoses I had bought and they are the wrong bloudy thread. It's rather annoying as I now have to bleed my brakes and then re-bleed them once I fit the new lines. :angry:
Norrie.

Lang may yer lum reek!
norrie
On the Road

Re: Banjo bolt thread for brake lines.

Post by norrie »

Think I've Sussed it. I think the master cylinder must have been changed at some point as at the caliper end it's a fine thread 1.00 I think and course at the master cylinder end which I think is 1.25.
Norrie.

Lang may yer lum reek!
weirdo
On the Road

Post by weirdo »

Could it be because the caliper is Brembo and the m/cyl is Suzuki ?

Just a thought :suspect:
To a Raptor....EVERYTHING else is just prey !!

WOOHOO!...TWINS!
norrie
On the Road

Post by norrie »

Is the master cylinder Suzuki? If so then yes that is the reason. Italian bikes have fine thread and Japanese have coarse thread.
The bloke where I bought them off thinks that the original master cylinder was prone to leaks and was often replaced with one of a Suzuki.
Norrie.

Lang may yer lum reek!
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

I've been through this recently so I know my 04 Xtra has a Nissin MC and Brembo Callipers - it's on big bold letters on them that even I can see. The Nissin end is 1.25 pitch, Brembo is 1.0. The HEL race line kit I bought came with a 1.0 double banjo, but when I contacted them they happily sent me a 1.25, all is good now! Well, all is pretty good - I notice the stainless is staining, despite me being pretty much a fair weather fairy these days, so it's not overly stainless. :(

This is the front end, I haven't touched the rear as I don't use it much.
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.