Torque specific ? tech help please

General spannery stuff
snapdragon

Torque specific ? tech help please

Post by snapdragon »

Having brain fade due to age and use, I torqued the rear wheel nut to 105 instead of 100, do I have to go back and undo/redo? will it hurt her? or not?
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Re: Torque specific ? tech help please

Post by Crap Tartan »

5% extra wont really make a great differance so dont worry about it.

Your torque wrench probably isnt calibrated to within that sort of tolerance anyway!
nil illigitimae carborundum
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Thanks CT I shall stop worrying - borrowed the clunk click torque wrench complete with a pair of working hands to do the wrenching, mine is the old fashioned swing-o-meter type
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

snapdragon wrote:55 years agoThanks CT I shall stop worrying - borrowed the clunk click torque wrench complete with a pair of working hands to do the wrenching, mine is the old fashioned swing-o-meter type
I bought one of those at a garage sale for $2, its nearly indestructable , seemed to work alright when tested with my more expensive tension wrench.
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

As CT said its ok.

My first experience of a torque wrench was a long long long time ago my mate had just bought one and wanted to try it out and my fizzie cylinder head gasket
was leaking(a marriage made in heaven i hear you call) so i let him have a go ,pull pull pull pull pull snap!
he hadnt realised they where already above the torque and that little click it made didnt stop him keeping going

It made me laugh NOT :angry:
Bit of a Muppet