Cutting out on set-off

General spannery stuff
bobbob455
On the Road

Cutting out on set-off

Post by bobbob455 »

Hi everyone, I bought my first V Raptor last week, a 2001 in red with 9900 miles.
I am loving my new (to me) bike, and am using it to commute. Over the last couple of days, I have found that it occasionally dies on me. Usually when I have been sat in traffic for a couple of mins, with the engine at full temp, when I first apply the throttle the engine just dies, it starts again immediately, and otherwise is brilliant, & as tight as a new bike.
Any ideas as to what It could be? I have increased the tick over from about 1250 to about 1450, which appears to have helped, but it now sounds to be ticking over a little fast.
Any help would be grateful, as I love my new bike.
bobbob455
On the Road

Re: Cutting out on set-off

Post by bobbob455 »

Managed to post a photo
Attachments
Managed to post a photo
Managed to post a photo
image.jpg (167.49 KiB) Viewed 1820 times
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Hi Bob , thats a nice bike there. i dont have a clue but if it were mine i would go through evreything,set tps, tb balance,plugs,oil,clean fuel tank out, have a look for any mods done by previous owner that might give a clue. Also injectors and fuel pump ? Then look at electrical . Good luck , keep us informed .
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Usual suspects, water in fuel... Check drain in filler cap is clear. And plugs as a start point
Twisted Tequila Sister
bobbob455
On the Road

Post by bobbob455 »

Thanks to both of you, I will be doing the oil/filter, plugs etc next week, there seems to be a issue with the TPS from what I've read on here, so I'll be having a go at that too. It's not impossible to ride, I just have to remember to be very gentle on the throttle when I set off, a bit too much & it dies, I noticed today that it gives a little pop/backfire/hiccup just as it dies, but then it starts up straight away again.
I will let you know when I've given her the once over next week.
Cheers