What's under your seat?

General spannery stuff
Spyke
On the Road

What's under your seat?

Post by Spyke »

My baby is 10 this year :shock: , thankfully the dry climate here hasn't been too harsh on her.

But I'm keen to avoid getting stuck on the side of a road somewhere, so wondered what else I should pack, "just in case". To the standard toolkit I have added:
  • Cable (zip) ties
  • Fuses
  • M5, M6, M8 nuts
  • My rego (road tax) receipt - we aren't supposed to need to display rego labels (tax discs) any more.
Is there anything else you carry?
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
snapdragon

Re: What's under your seat?

Post by snapdragon »

spiders and dust mainly :oops:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

One of these, with gas cylinders (although, its often in a pocket or a pannier).

Tyre Plugger

Never had to use it in anger on the bike, but did pull a nail from one of the car tyres and once plugged it ran for around 35,000 miles with no leaks or problems, not bad considering there is no glue used.
152/999
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

:D Yup, I've had the dust & spiders too! I do have an emergency tyre fix kit,that I pack on overnighters, but didn't think there was room enough for it under the seat too, where do you squeeze that in, Miz?
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

Spyke wrote:55 years ago:D Yup, I've had the dust & spiders too! I do have an emergency tyre fix kit,that I pack on overnighters, but didn't think there was room enough for it under the seat too, where do you squeeze that in, Miz?
In the same space that the Power Commander fits.
152/999
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

Hopefully next winter you can find under my seat, very small and powerful lithium battery and custom mapped power commarder. ;)
Now there is just huge lead battery...
Don't ride faster than your angels can fly !
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

Just got room behind the battery for one of them small ratchet sets with hex keys and screwdriver bits in, and a multi tool. I've got room in my pocket for an RAC card!

I did actually use the toolkit last year on the way down to the Buell day. Those who have met me will know that I'm a bit unbalanced and I dropped the bike on the right and snapped the clamp that attached the brake lever to the bar. I was able to swop this to the clutch side which gave me some peace of mind during those frequent panic stops I find myself doing. So it's not just for show!
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

V4mp wrote:55 years agoHopefully next winter you can find under my seat, very small and powerful lithium battery and custom mapped power commarder. ;)
have the lithium battery, now a pc and dyno
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

ozzraptor wrote:55 years ago
V4mp wrote:55 years agoHopefully next winter you can find under my seat, very small and powerful lithium battery and custom mapped power commarder. ;)
Doesnt look much smaller ?
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

If im going any real distance i take extracts of the manual (error codes ,sensor resistances etc) a tiny multimeter ,nuts bolts ,bits of wire electrical and thicker stuff for tying things on, scotchlock connectors ,cable ties ,araldite ,small bottle of oil ,can of tyre repair and inflation stuff, spare bulbs ,standard toolkit and some extras ,plugs ,small can of chain lube ,i think thats about it.
Bit of a Muppet
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

V4mp wrote:55 years ago
Doesnt look much smaller ?
they normally are but this was exactly the same size
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

shedmonkey wrote:55 years agoIf im going any real distance i take extracts of the manual (error codes ,sensor resistances etc) a tiny multimeter ,nuts bolts ,bits of wire electrical and thicker stuff for tying things on, scotchlock connectors ,cable ties ,araldite ,small bottle of oil ,can of tyre repair and inflation stuff, spare bulbs ,standard toolkit and some extras ,plugs ,small can of chain lube ,i think thats about it.
forgot the coldie
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

Okey, if its same size, is it any lighter ?
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

V4mp wrote:55 years ago
Okey, if its same size, is it any lighter ?
when you pick up the lithium battery compared with lead acid it feels like theres nothing inside it.
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

Haha, buy lithium battery instead of lead one no need to lose weight :mrgreen: