650 and 1000 parts list

General spannery stuff
ozzraptor
On the Road

Re: 650 and 1000 parts list

Post by ozzraptor »

Thanks Tartan i would like to give it a try , i may even do a fancy insulated box thingy like the tre because thats how big my solders will be :lol: but i am a better welder though luckily. One day hoping to do my own exhaust ! :happyhappy:
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Post by Crap Tartan »

welding n soldering is exactly the same thing just a question of scale!!!

Finding the socket pins to fit on the pins in the plug in the harness is the only real problem I foresee.

Its a doddle if you cut of that plug and just wire it all into a little enclosure that fixes to the frame.

Look at my black box fitting and do something the same (its in TPS reset thread)
nil illigitimae carborundum
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Crap Tartan wrote:55 years agowelding n soldering is exactly the same thing just a question of scale!!!

Finding the socket pins to fit on the pins in the plug in the harness is the only real problem I foresee.

Its a doddle if you cut of that plug and just wire it all into a little enclosure that fixes to the frame.

Look at my black box fitting and do something the same (its in TPS reset thread)
Awesome work on the black box, i remember my tl doing exactly the same thing with cold running but its not so much of a problem here with the high temps we get here. My bike read 40c sometimes it so hot in the shed already warmed up almost :D Havent really had much of a chance to find out with the rap how it runs on a cold day but still notice the difference after full op temp is reached. I am sure if i lived in the UK iwouldnt do without one of thse little black box beauties :thumbsup: