Greetings from Mexico

Make your first post here, say "Hi" and buy a virtual round
Manfred2025
On the Road

Greetings from Mexico

Post by Manfred2025 »

Hello from Mexico City, where I'm currently living. I'm 39 and am a passionate motorcyclist. Currently I own what was before a beautiful and perfect Cagiva Raptor 650 in red color. Unfortunately I had an accident while landing a wheelie at high speed, where I almost lost my left leg. Now, drained from doctors bills I'm building the Raptor up again on a Budget. Now, let's all have a drink shall we?
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Re: Greetings from Mexico

Post by dizzyblonde »

Building on a budget eh?

I'll have a glass of your finest Vin de Plonque :D

Welcome aboard, plenty of wonky folk here, you'll fit right in :wink:
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
Manfred2025
On the Road

Post by Manfred2025 »

Ok, here it is. It seems complete, but it is not. A lot of things to fix...
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

welcome in Manfred, sad to hear of the damage (both to you and the Raptor) as we're on a budget I'll just have a cup of tea thanks :D
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Hi Manfred, welcome aboard, glad to hear you and your rap are still with us, and repairable!

It's early here, I'll have a Matso's Mango thanks, perfect breakfast beer :drunk:

(Didn't know we had a smiley with a cactus, feels like a good excuse to use it! :tumbleweed:)
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

Hi Manfred.

Sorry to hear about your accident. I did similar damage to myself on a Laverda Jota. Hope you can sort a bike. Have you ridden since your accident?
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

Hi Manfred

glad to hear you are getting back on the horse, good luck and what is parts availability over there?
Bit of a Muppet
Manfred2025
On the Road

Post by Manfred2025 »

There is not a single replacement part available. Over here, this bike is a rarity and a luxury. Currently I had to redirect the left exhaust to the right one and fabricate myself a left footpeg salvaging the shift lever and rod... I will have to definitely buy the lef tail side panel over the internet or something but I don't know where yet.
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Well at least aftermarket exhausts are readily available, if not exactly like the originals. The footrest (bracket also?) and tail pod is a pickle though

:blink:
SnappY
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Post by Crap Tartan »

Reckon I may have the panel you need, which bit is it exactly?
nil illigitimae carborundum
Manfred2025
On the Road

Post by Manfred2025 »

Hey Tartan that would be awesome! The panel I need is the one that attaches directly to the seat on the left side..., please tell me that you have it... on another note, how do you guys like the raptor best, with or without the front mini fairing (the one that goes over the circular headlight)
Crap Tartan
On the Road

Post by Crap Tartan »

Hey Manfred,

I have a pair of seat side panels in carbon fibre definately, dont think I have the original plastic ones anymore but will check. let me know if the CF ones are any use to you, I also have spare side panels in CF to match too!

I have never used a naked rap with the mini fairing you mention, mine used to be a Vrap but now has a little bikini fairing with a screen that moves the wind blast up around my helmet rather than my chest.

If you dont take a passenger on your bike you could get rid of the footrest hangers and fit rearsets?
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Just done a swoop of the storage and found original panels but only for the right hand side :(

the little 'hat' on the ie 650 ? Does it have any fairing function? I wondered when I first saw it whether it might work as a mini fairing rather than just decoration. Mine's a normale 1k front (V rap elsewhere) and I bought it with a fly-screen attached, but when removed I noticed no extra windblast and although I looked at other fairings I've left it as plain.
SnappY
Manfred2025
On the Road

Post by Manfred2025 »

Tartan, did you get my last private message? It appears on my outbox but not on the sent messages, I don't know why...
Crap Tartan
On the Road

Post by Crap Tartan »

Got it and read it, will reply properly next week as in Spain for moto gp just now!