Re: 3000 rpm gritch at temperature under 80 deg C

Post by ozzraptor »

awesome 8)
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Post by Crap Tartan »

PM me your address for sending this black box to..........................
nil illigitimae carborundum
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Crap Tartan wrote:55 years agoPM me your address for sending this black box to..........................
got it today :thumbsup: I found a great spot for it , just need to hook the wires in.
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

The black box is alive :woot: , set the left switch to around 90c and once engine started flicked on the box and a few revs later tells me the motor is not hicupping any more. :thumbsup: Actually its fun adjusting the potentiometer . I was a bit worried about those crimp connectors but they seem to be working. At least i didnt have to splice the wiring to ecu .

switch off , runs crap
switch on, :thumbsup: good idea to switch off once up and running !

Crap Tartan
On the Road

Post by Crap Tartan »

All part of the service!

Remember that poteniometer setting is constantly changing due to temperature as its a parallel circuit with the "real" sensor output. I have never really changed mine since I first fitted it, just check it now and again and its always within the zone.

All the box is doing really is putting in an offset to allow the bike to run in the sweet zone rather than the ill-concieved one that it sits in standard.

If you have temp up then it can be switched out, if you leave it in it would only become an issue if it got really hot and started throwing lights and warnings!

Always remember to start with it off.
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Crap Tartan wrote:55 years agoAll part of the service!

Remember that poteniometer setting is constantly changing due to temperature as its a parallel circuit with the "real" sensor output. I have never really changed mine since I first fitted it, just check it now and again and its always within the zone.

All the box is doing really is putting in an offset to allow the bike to run in the sweet zone rather than the ill-concieved one that it sits in standard.

If you have temp up then it can be switched out, if you leave it in it would only become an issue if it got really hot and started throwing lights and warnings!

Always remember to start with it off.
yes i found that out while i was playing with the adjustments. If it goes too hot it will FI on the dash. I found a happy medium for starting and marked the knob and switch in yellow for a point of reference. The box is stuck down but i also added a short screw at both ends :happyhappy:

Crap Tartan
On the Road

Post by Crap Tartan »

looking good, so its mounted on the rear wheel undertray?

Like the on/off signs too, left mine unmarked so my memory has to work or its all a bit of a lottery!!! lol
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

If that black box really works and you can get rid of 3k gritch, I want one too !
Don't ride faster than your angels can fly !
Crap Tartan
On the Road

Post by Crap Tartan »

all the bits you need are listed on the post "tps reset" if you can build it yourself, it is pretty easy if you can use a soldering iron.

If not let me know and I can make one up for you.

Oh and for all the doubters, not one person who has fitted one of these has reported any problems or that it didnt solve their 3k glitch.
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

Crap Tartan wrote:55 years agoall the bits you need are listed on the post "tps reset" if you can build it yourself, it is pretty easy if you can use a soldering iron.

If not let me know and I can make one up for you.

Oh and for all the doubters, not one person who has fitted one of these has reported any problems or that it didnt solve their 3k glitch.
Have to read "tps reset" properly :)
Don't ride faster than your angels can fly !
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

I found out today the bike definitely doesnt like to start with the warm map switched on ! I really like the option of being able to adjust the temp with the box switched on! I think the black box would really suit the colder climates. Have used it a couple of times, easy to fit :happyhappy: but you will need to find a small knob for the left potentiameter side switch thingy :thumbsup: