super cool raptor

General spannery stuff
taz
On the Road

super cool raptor

Post by taz »

After much internet browsing looking for a new headlight/nose fairing i came across this beauty of a raptor
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/8840 ... altuni.jpg
I think I have found the same nose/headlight on evilbay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STREETFIGHTER ... 417092c6a6
thing is with 25w bulbs I can't see it being much use when the sun goes down ? what does everyone think ? should I get one and risk using
bigger bulbs ? or is there some other way of putting more light out without the heat, say LED's any help would be much appreciated.
Also I love those side pods for the radiator :toocool: but can't find anything o
another picture http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/44 ... ltuni.jpg/
"Trained Sniper,
There's No Point Running, You'll Just Die Tired
"
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Re: super cool raptor

Post by Crap Tartan »

not certain its exactly the same but is pretty close. The problem with the lights is if the existing bulb holder is up to taking the extra power. I had similar rad pods in cf on mine but removed them. There should be some pics of them on here somewhere.................
nil illigitimae carborundum
Crap Tartan
On the Road

Post by Crap Tartan »

hers a pic of the bike with them fitted

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/6676/imag0152p.jpg
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

That's a really sharp looking bike. 25w does seem a bit dim for the bulbs. Can't see it doing much harm to change to 35w which is still feeble but not quite as feeble. The nose cone does suit the bike. Maybe just don't go out on it too much at night, or stick to roads you know. I must admit that it is rarely that I ride my bike down dark unfamiliar roads at night (partly because of my own feeble lights 8) ).
taz
On the Road

Post by taz »

hi gang
so where did you get the side pods from ?
also looking for the best hi level exhaust system as well like GPR one or similar
can't see any difference at all ? there must be some low heat LED 's that will work with it ?
iv'e just done the tail tidy job and the fat bars have come now,i would like to get the seat of mine re-covered red
as it's currently brown and black, urghhh :sick: at the price I reckon I will order the nose cone and see what i can do
with it once I have it, its not expensive so worth a punt I reckon and the bike in the picture is very close to my ideal.
"Trained Sniper,
"
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

taz wrote:55 years agohi gang
so where did you get the side pods from ?
also looking for the best hi level exhaust system as well like GPR one or similar
can't see any difference at all ? there must be some low heat LED 's that will work with it ?
iv'e just done the tail tidy job and the fat bars have come now,i would like to get the seat of mine re-covered red
as it's currently brown and black, urghhh :sick: at the price I reckon I will order the nose cone and see what i can do
with it once I have it, its not expensive so worth a punt I reckon and the bike in the picture is very close to my ideal.
I can recommend Tony Archer for your seat.

http://www.tonyarcher.co.uk/
152/999
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Tony Archer is a very good fella. Local to me! Had two seats done by him, recommended him to countless others that have used him. I'm sending the zzr14 seat for gel inserts soon, as I can't justify a small fortune for a GTR seat conversion. Can do alsorts of fancy stuff for any bike seat, and very reasonable with orice.

Side pods.?...yeah right, hens teeth!
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
Crap Tartan
On the Road

Post by Crap Tartan »

Found my rad pods years ago on ebay I think, Had to make my own bracketry to fit them.

Iam willing to sell if you really want them......................
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

Hid are only 35w but put out a lot of heat as i learned while testing for a few seconds with the plastic protection cover still in place what a mess. :shock:
Bit of a Muppet
taz
On the Road

Post by taz »

sent the guy a question asking about putting 55w bulb in and he said yes no problem ?
so maybe the headlight is capable of taking a propper bulb we will see :happyhappy:
"Trained Sniper,
"
Crap Tartan
On the Road

Post by Crap Tartan »

dizzyblonde wrote:55 years agoTony Archer is a very good fella. Local to me! Had two seats done by him, recommended him to countless others that have used him. I'm sending the zzr14 seat for gel inserts soon, as I can't justify a small fortune for a GTR seat conversion. Can do alsorts of fancy stuff for any bike seat, and very reasonable with orice.

Side pods.?...yeah right, hens teeth!
Dizz or anyone else for that matter..................

Tony Archer site isnt working so has anyone got a contact no. for him as I`m going to get some work done on my seat?

Cheers
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

Works for me.

Tony Archer

Unit 7d
Bradley Mills
Bradley Mills Road
Huddersfield
HD1 6PQ

Telephone
(01484) 536 832

You are best phoning early (8:00am-ish) as he ignores the phone if he is busy..
152/999
Crap Tartan
On the Road

Post by Crap Tartan »

cheers Miz, must be my work PC its fine on my laptop at home!