Still here and looking for a grab rail...

Chat about anything
oldlongdog
On the Road

Still here and looking for a grab rail...

Post by oldlongdog »

Apologies for appearing to drift away for so long; I log on fairly often for a mosey but haven't seemed to write anything... Actually, am having too much fun riding the bike. Back brake all sorted now; got a new caliper for £13 off ebay. Was originally on a Ural and is dark grey rather than gold. Looks the mutt's... New disk and MC too; just the hose left as original! New tyres, new chain and sprockets too. Whole thing going lovely-povely now! And heated grips ... gahhhh, that's nice on a cold day :wink:

Went on the Mag rally in the autumn. Started M4 Leigh Delamere. Must have been 8oo bikes there; pulled onto the motorway and realised I was behind another Rappy... what are the chances of that?! Don't know who you are but looked like a 1000 and definitely female rider. Spent some time fiercely eyeballing the psychopath in the black jag who was trying to run you off the road. You should have heard what my pillion called him ... and she's only 13!

Talking of which, Little Madam has requested a grab rail and I wondered if anyone had one going spare. I'm happy to offer cash, booze or chocolate :tada: If not then can anyone recomend where to get a new one?

Cheers! :ride:
Get on with it before you die (or the law catches up with you)...
snapdragon

Re: Still here and looking for a grab rail...

Post by snapdragon »

:mrgreen: elloo oldlongdog - good to hear you're having fun, my 'grab rail' is a ventura, but it's part of the kit. I'm sure someone has a 'standalone' item just I can't recall the make.

I don't know who your fellow Raptor rider was - lets hope it was a current member :wink:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
oldlongdog
On the Road

Post by oldlongdog »

:D Hello Snaps! Yes, good to be back on the chapter; must remember to pipe up more often rather than just reading stuff... :doh:

The Ventura rail is not what I'm after because, exactly as you say, it's part of a system and I want to keep my other arrangements for luggage. I've seen a simple black tubular rail which is probably what I want although some raptors seem to have one with a moulded plastic handle. Any clues would be good!

Cheers :ride:
Get on with it before you die (or the law catches up with you)...
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Post by Crap Tartan »

I`ve seen the 650ie version with a moulded plastic handle on a black metal tubular grabrail. The frames are pretty much the same so reckon one of them may fit..........................
nil illigitimae carborundum