top yoke sizes please

General spannery stuff
craigus
On the Road

top yoke sizes please

Post by craigus »

Im converting my raptor into a cafe racer , sold the top yoke to get a flat yoke so as i can get the clip-ons as high as poss but didnt take measurements from the top yoke :oops: .
would some kind sole do me the honours , what i need is the exact measurement between the forks and the measurement from the centre of the forks to the centre of the centre pole that goes through the frame this should be around 28mmish , Im thinking of having a yoke made but without the precise measurements im a bit stuck.thanks in advance.
zorro
On the Road

Re: top yoke sizes please

Post by zorro »

craigus, measurement between forks is 205mm, the other measurement is 30mm. Hopefully someone else will confirm these measurements as I'm not absolutely 100% positive, would be easy and accurate with top yoke laying on a bench.

Regards, zorro
craigus
On the Road

Post by craigus »

thanks zorro ,i made the same measurement 205mm on mine without the top yoke on but needed to be 100% sure , would like someone else to confirm the other measurement as i made 28mm but again with no top yoke would be great as it needs to be exact, also here is the site that makes custom top yokes for only £120 + VAT www.998cc.com bargain price.
zorro
On the Road

Post by zorro »

I think I understand what your trying to achive craigus re: top yoke. I can see why the 28mm or 30mm measurement is critical if you're using the Raptor bottom yoke. Could you not use an R1 or similar (gixxer) complete triple tree then make/fit axel and caliper spacers to accomodate the Raptor wheel presuming the R1 forks are a different distance apart.

Another thought, will the R1 forks protude far enough through the new top yoke to allow clip-ons to be attached. You may have heard of Convertibars from the USA (not cheap), they could attach to your forks under the top yoke and are multi adjustable for rake, height and pitch which could solve any interferance problems with your fuel tank.

Regards, zorro
craigus
On the Road

Post by craigus »

hi zorro im after a certain look so i need a flat 1" top yoke with clip-ons underneath ,I been looking around for another yoke from different bikes R1 yoke is to wide between the forks the closest one seems to be a gsxr at 207mm apart but different years have different offsets from 28mm to 32mm .I have been phoning around breakers but they appear to lazy to get off there bums and check they obviously dont need the money .
heres a chart ive been given from custom fighters
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g25/y ... etails.jpg