rear shock

Technical stuff specific to the V and Xtra raptors
RAPTOR BOY
On the Road

rear shock

Post by RAPTOR BOY »

shock absorber just a quick qestion how easy is it to chanch the rear shock just bought one on ebay of an aprilia falco want to know how easy it is to fit . :?:
snapdragon

Re: rear shock

Post by snapdragon »

If it's the one that says "fits Cagiva Raptor" best ask Sgt Fatknacker - it's his shock :mrgreen:

see This Thread
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Dazza Bing-Bong
On the Road

Post by Dazza Bing-Bong »

You need to support the bike from in front of the swing-arm. A few mil needs grinding off the top eye, its best done with the standard shock removed so that you can offer it up and avoid removing to much material. An hour start to finish.
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

Dazza Bing-Bong wrote:55 years agoYou need to support the bike from in front of the swing-arm. A few mil needs grinding off the top eye, its best done with the standard shock removed so that you can offer it up and avoid removing to much material. An hour start to finish.

If you have an Abba Stand that will do just fine..
152/999
RAPTOR BOY
On the Road

Post by RAPTOR BOY »

cheers for the info gus i have an abba stand this is the final mod i need to do changed the geering now 18/38 speedo healer fitted pc2 air box mod to and botom pair valve removed steering damper fitted tre and motad venoms plus all panals are carbon fiber tail tidy and scot oiler with the new gearing and speedo healer fitted the bike shouled pull 170 mph will pull 162 mph this is without mods speedo heealer is 999.9 % acurate great pice of kit. reguarly hitting 120 at 7000rpm . oh and also converted it to a raptor i prefer it that way plus i get to save the plastic if i bin it . whitch is not cheep to replace. :evil:
AZ
On the Road

Post by AZ »

I`ve just done the shock change and found that the bottom of the shock was fouling on the swing arm pivot tube,so had to make a 2.5mm recess in the shock so that i could line up the holes /linkages on the bottom plates.All done now and working fine.
NOTE; bikes do not have air brakes,lofting the front wheel will have an effect on a bikes braking efficiency.
dont arf get the adrenalin pumpin tho!!!
RAPTOR BOY
On the Road

Post by RAPTOR BOY »

Right az you said you have done shock change how the hell do you get the top bolt off cant get socket in becase of frame tube what else do i need to take off to fit the shock thought it would have been easyer than this help.?
AZ
On the Road

Post by AZ »

As you sit on the bike i put a spanner on the right of the bolt from below(from underneath along side therear downpipe) and a small diameter socket/extension bar from the left.It is a fiddly job but can be done.Good luck.
NOTE; bikes do not have air brakes,lofting the front wheel will have an effect on a bikes braking efficiency.
dont arf get the adrenalin pumpin tho!!!
RAPTOR BOY
On the Road

Post by RAPTOR BOY »

rear shock fitted what a differance bike holds its line better verry comfy and steering is sharper brilliant . recomended
Attachments
DCFN0001.JPG
DCFN0001.JPG (134.51 KiB) Viewed 5320 times
DCFN0004.JPG
DCFN0004.JPG (132.81 KiB) Viewed 5320 times
DCFN0005.JPG
DCFN0005.JPG (101.49 KiB) Viewed 5320 times
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

nice :lol: way out of range of my pocket - colour matches my Rap though :D
SnappY