1 step forward.. 10 steps back :(

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 650
mandie82
On the Road

1 step forward.. 10 steps back :(

Post by mandie82 »

Well after getting her up and running again after the fall in the snow, and then the butterfly value being stuck shut... I went to get her out to have a blast with mates on Saturday.. and even though the optimate was on her for the last week.. nothing.. it primed fine... and when I turn the key, lights all bright and shinny... but when I went to start her I just got the tut tut tut noise and nothing else!!!!! well gutted... Had to ride pillion.. which crippled me... lol

My other half thinks the battery is caput.. but the optimate said it was good to go???
uk.ei42.com/randiemandie
twistedpr
On the Road

Re: 1 step forward.. 10 steps back :(

Post by twistedpr »

Sorry to hear about that mandie82. I had exactly the same problem on my 650ie when I let my battery go completely flat a couple of times. Left it on optimate for a week, but it would either only hold charge for 1 start if I was lucky, or repeated click if I wasn't.

Bought a replacement gel battery and it's been fine ever since. Was tempted to get a bigger battery (the "12" instead of the standard "9"), but there were reports of people with older raptors having trouble getting the seat to close properly. Don't know if that's still a problem with the 650ie (as the seat is different), but didn't want to take the chance. Battery hasn't let me down since. 8)

HTH
Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul.
------ X-Rap 188/999 ------
mandie82
On the Road

Post by mandie82 »

Thanks twister... I have put a new battery on her.. and she sings like a dream once more.. but just my luck the weather is going to be crappy this weekend... hopefully there will be some good weather before i go back to work on Wednesday :D
uk.ei42.com/randiemandie
Frankiesan
On the Road

Post by Frankiesan »

Yeah and then we can finally go out for a ride!!!

Had my baby best part of 3 months now damn it ..
mandie82
On the Road

Post by mandie82 »

sorry Frankie.. went out on sunday up to devils bridge with Stu... I am on nights this weekend as you should know.. but im not wokring next weekend.. roll on the sun!!
uk.ei42.com/randiemandie
Frankiesan
On the Road

Post by Frankiesan »

Dude that's the raptors back yard is the Sun.. lots of twisties!
Bfef
On the Road

Post by Bfef »

Opimate is a waste of time, had same problem with my old V-Max - optimate said everything OK but bike wouldn't start. Gel battery fixed everything.