RSV SWING ARM

General spannery stuff
kev
On the Road

RSV SWING ARM

Post by kev »

ALL DONE not to bad a job and i think a big improvement thanks to carnivore for helping out with translation and to zeb for showing us the link to italian site
next because jacked up the back end even more i think a stearing damper is required
and then some better rearsets :D
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Whoo - nice job!
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Post by TLMONKEY »

Nice job.
I would paint swingarm metallic or pos matt black,will look even better i think. :)

I wonder how hard it would be to slide a Superduke R(2008) engine in there,they are 131rwhp with full akro+can get another 15rwhp with modded airbox+pc3 on them :)

Thats why I've got one now :)
kev
On the Road

Post by kev »

TLMONKEY wrote:55 years agoNice job.
I would paint swingarm metallic or pos matt black,will look even better i think. :)

I wonder how hard it would be to slide a Superduke R(2008) engine in there,they are 131rwhp with full akro+can get another 15rwhp with modded airbox+pc3 on them :)

now theres a thought have you got rid of your rapy i did think about painting the swinger but i couldnt wait
kev
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Post by TLMONKEY »

kev wrote:55 years ago

now theres a thought have you got rid of your rapy i did think about painting the swinger but i couldnt wait
kev
Got 2 X-raptors,one for sale and other is my,sorry WAS my modded one before i went and sold the forks/calipers/dash off it to fund other projects :)
holedigger
On the Road

Post by holedigger »

looks well nice kev, like the high level cans too 8)
Coose
On the Road

Post by Coose »

I wouldn't let Sam know what you're thinking of doing with his motor! ;)
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Post by TLMONKEY »

Coose wrote:55 years ago

We have swopped em now coose,but only afer sam ragged it round cadwell for 40min :lol
Coose
On the Road

Post by Coose »

TLMONKEY wrote:55 years ago
Coose wrote:55 years ago

We have swopped em now coose,but only afer sam ragged it round cadwell for 40min :lol
I know! You should've seen the speed he and Stu came past me around Chris Curve! :wink:

I didn't know you'd finally swapped though - it looks like you have a peach of a motor there (and I'm quite jealous of Sam's SDR)! :D
twistedpr
On the Road

Post by twistedpr »

That is fantastic - great job!

Bought a swingarm ('98-'03 model, as '04 onwards has chain on the other side!), but never got around to translating the instructions, never mind the actual fitting. Ended up selling the swingarm on fleabay, but seeing your job, kinda makes me wish I hadn't. :roll: :?

How has it affected the handling? Surely putting more weight over the front wheel means an even sharper turn-in (something the Raptor is already pretty good at!) Hence the need for a steering damper?
Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul.
------ X-Rap 188/999 ------
kev
On the Road

Post by kev »

ye your right its quickened the steering even more and gives more feeling and i reckon when it warms up again and i start pushing it it will need a steering damper got one on order
fitting the rsv swinger is not that hard anyone handy with a spanner will be ok.
tyremuncher
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: danny moore , hawick

Re: RSV SWING ARM

Post by tyremuncher »

mmm sounds like a good idea that,did the wheel and spindle and all that fit straight it.or did you have to mod anything,what yr was the swingarm,cheers
i dont need sex,the government fu*k me everyday
kev
On the Road

Post by kev »

ye the rsv spindle fits right in no probs you just need to center the wheal with spacers and get the chain run right i think any rsv type swingarm fits but mine is the early type 03 i think :wink:
luke7

Post by luke7 »

iv just bought a rsv swingarm. is there any mods to do to the break caliper? do i need to buy a rsv caliper?
Brutas
On the Road

Post by Brutas »

Once youve moded the swingarm to fit, all Raptor fitting fit as normal, just need to put extra spacers to centre the back wheel :thumbsup:
Live life to the full ( throttle that is )