misfiring problem ??

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
bonjiboy
On the Road

misfiring problem ??

Post by bonjiboy »

hello all,

my rappie was doing fine till 2 nights back. filled her up at the local petrol station and after taking off and getting up to 2nd/3rd gear, she starts to jerk but doesn't stall.

tried running her again today and same problem. starts ok, gets up to 2nd/3rd gear and intermittently jerks. can't seem to get her past 5k rpm b4 the jerking starts.

my display is clean, no CHEC or FI error reported. pilot light & other indicators ok.

anybody experience this b4 on their raptor 1000 ?

is it a fuel injector problem or my ignition/plugs ?

cheers.
Velociraptor :

"an extremely fast moving bird of prey...."
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Sounds like it ight be cr@p in the fuel - or water?

or front cylinder plug cap?
bonjiboy
On the Road

Post by bonjiboy »

found the problem. it was my fuel pump assembly - the base was corroded pretty bad and the middle wire had intermittent contact. Pump was still good, so cleaned up th rust and rewired all 3 contacts.
super smooth delivery now !! :D :D

when we emptied the tank, the fuel did look a little cr@p as well...

so changed out the fuel too & cleaned the tank while we were at it.... :)

funny thing is, the display never gave me an FI error. Does it only flash FI if the fuse is blown ? or does any electrical contact issue along the path trigger the sensor :?:

cheers.
Velociraptor :

"an extremely fast moving bird of prey...."
Mr_Moto
On the Road

Post by Mr_Moto »

bonjiboy,

have you checked the bleeder pathway that goes down from the fuel tank filler to the bottom of the bike is free. Mine was corroded at the link to the rubber-pipe (underside of the tank). If this pipe is locked the rain (and of course the spilled fuel whilst filling up...) can not escape and might get into the fuel tank (and corrode...)

Brgds

Udo
Life's a bitch - and then you die...
Ken
On the Road

Post by Ken »

Hi, Mr Moto,

Bonjiboy has sold his Raptor1000 last month. Now he is enjoying his new Yamaha MT01.

ken

Mr_Moto wrote:55 years agobonjiboy,

have you checked the bleeder pathway that goes down from the fuel tank filler to the bottom of the bike is free. Mine was corroded at the link to the rubber-pipe (underside of the tank). If this pipe is locked the rain (and of course the spilled fuel whilst filling up...) can not escape and might get into the fuel tank (and corrode...)

Brgds

Udo
Mr_Moto
On the Road

Post by Mr_Moto »

Hi Ken,

thanks for the information. Uh, MT01 - not so bad, but slightly higher weight... I had the chance for a test ride on the new Harley (no,don't kick me!) XR1200 this year. Enjoed it a lot, I must say. But anyway I will keep on riding the Raptor for a while.

Udo
Life's a bitch - and then you die...