Not smooth.....!

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
Gavin
On the Road

Not smooth.....!

Post by Gavin »

Hi all,

I need a little assistance please.

Up until 2 weeks ago the bike was running smooth as you like. Whilst it still runs smooth when riding, when it is sat idling (completely warmed up) the revs keep falling , it doesn't actually stall but I feel that is not far away unless I sort it out. Idle was/is at 1500 and has always stayed on the mark until this recent problem. Have fiddled about with this and even if I set the idle higher it drops then rises again.

The only thing I have done to the bike recently is give it a complete oil change and new oil filter along with a new K&N air filter. All done and fitted correctly.

This has never happened before and I can't put my finger on what it could be. I have changed both spark plugs and that is not the problem.

Anybody have any ideas????

Gavin
Slurf
On the Road

Re: Not smooth.....!

Post by Slurf »

Gavin wrote:Hi all,

I need a little assistance please.

Up until 2 weeks ago the bike was running smooth as you like. Whilst it still runs smooth when riding, when it is sat idling (completely warmed up) the revs keep falling , it doesn't actually stall but I feel that is not far away unless I sort it out. Idle was/is at 1500 and has always stayed on the mark until this recent problem. Have fiddled about with this and even if I set the idle higher it drops then rises again.

The only thing I have done to the bike recently is give it a complete oil change and new oil filter along with a new K&N air filter. All done and fitted correctly.

This has never happened before and I can't put my finger on what it could be. I have changed both spark plugs and that is not the problem.

Anybody have any ideas????

Gavin
Loose vacuum hose?

In the filevault on www.tlzone.net is a instructionvideo howe to set the TPS and howe to sync the throttle bodies.
Got a navigator, sorry.. but I do need the long suspention travel.