New Clutch cable Raptor 1000 - Suggestions

General spannery stuff
Zane
On the Road

New Clutch cable Raptor 1000 - Suggestions

Post by Zane »

Hi guys, do you know what other bike has the same clutch cable to fit the raptor 1000?

I have a Xtra raptor 1000 which I imagine would use the same clutch cable as the V raptor 1000. I want to buy a new cable as mine has stretched. Thing is though, Cagiva Australia charge crazy prices for the cable..

Any suggestions?
Loves a squirt in the mountains with the Raptor....yeeeehaaaa
zorro
On the Road

Post by zorro »

Howdy Zane, I asked the same question yesterday,xfact reckons a Yamaha XT (I think) fits,read not long ago another one also Triumph I think, can't find it, fits as well,will wait for others to chime in hopefully,mine seems okay just want a spare ready to go when required.

Interesting re:190 rear I've always thought the same thing but I've raised the back and dropped the front so it turns in pretty quick, I might get away with it,as you said it does look fat and nasty :lol:

Regards,zorro 8)

'
Zane
On the Road

Post by Zane »

Zorro,

Are you currently using the yamaha XT clutch cable?

Unfortunately Triumph parts here are also very expensive. OK I want a cheaper option......

As to the tyre, yep the 190 looks Hot. I must admit that. There is however a big difference in handling. As you have dropped the front this will help.
xfact
On the Road

Post by xfact »

I use a XT cable and 190 rear. both work fine :)
Zane
On the Road

Post by Zane »

Xfact,

Which yamaha XT clutch cable are you using?
What model XT and year yamaha?
xfact
On the Road

Post by xfact »

Really don't know that. I'll try to read if there are some indications on the cable. The fact is that last year on the Croatian sea coast freakin'n twisted road I had the cable broken. The only shop near by ( 30 km ) was in Dubrovnik. I ran to the Yamaha dealer, showed him the Raptor cable and he said that an XT on will do and so it happened...