Caution I may have been dudded beware!

General spannery stuff
deekay
On the Road

Caution I may have been dudded beware!

Post by deekay »

After much looking around I ordered a new disc, sprocket and chain set from Stealth Products in Sheffield. They are featured in some of the articles penned by others and recommended as suppliers of good product. They seemed great to deal with and made all the right noises so I paid for the parts and told them to go ahead and supply. That was weeks and weeks ago. I became worried when my emails asking about whether the parts had been sent were not replied to. No response at all. The last enquirey bounced saying the mail box I was trying to send to was full so I have no means of following it up here in Australia. I felt I might warn others of this potential problem as I am now down well over $400 and still faced with the problem of needing the bits. It hurts to pay once let alone twice. There might be a reason for what has happened but be warned. If any Raptor owners are in Sheffield would it be posible to make a phone call and see if they have shut up shop or what is the go, thanks den.
to be old and wise you must first be young and stupid
Brihass
On the Road

Post by Brihass »

Hi Den,

Stealth were very much alive and kicking about two weeks ago, as they had a stand at Donington Park for the MotoGP.
Shall make some calls for you, as I'm sure other's will as well...

after thought....depending where Stealth are in Sheffield...Sheffield was subject to some very severe floods a few weeks ago that wrecked the meadowhall area around the steel works !!!!

regards
140/999 Xtra Raptor.....Carbon Quill Cans, Carbon Hugger, Carbon Rear Guard, Carbon Bar End Mirrors, Renthal Bars, Belly Pan, Power Commander, K&N, TRE, Iridium Plugs, Silicon Leads, 2CT's.
deekay
On the Road

Post by deekay »

thank you very much, the Raptor brotherhod is alive and well, I would love for there to be a reasonable explanation as you have indicated. You just don't expect to be ripped of by a company that so many people have used and when you read the introduction at their web site about 20 years of operation. Thanks in advance to any one who help me sort this matter, Den.
booah
On the Road

Post by booah »

Deekay

Just to let you know another source for brake discs is EBC Direct in the UK. I'm in Perth and ordered a rear disc on July 2nd received it on the 9th. best price and delivery excellent.

denton
deekay
On the Road

Post by deekay »

Thanks mate, do you have a source for rear sprockets?
booah
On the Road

Post by booah »

Deekay
I got my front and rear sprockets and chain from the Chain Gang over east. I've installed the front but the rear ID was too small. Have to take the back apart to put the new disc on so will get it machined then to fit. The style and everthing else was right it was just the ID.
Stu from Austreetfighters is good for screens, bellypans, huggers, footpegs etc.
deekay
On the Road

Post by deekay »

What he has supplied is a hyabusa rear sprocket they are 0.5mm smaller but way cheaper. I have considered doing the same as the cost benifit is great, thanks for the reply, den.
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

booah wrote:55 years ago..............but the rear ID was too small. .
woooah deja vue time~~~~ - I had the same when I was sold the one that was supposed to fit

But B&CExpress came up with the goods for me :D eventually

- ended fitting the front and chain and then the rear sprock later (with a set of nice shiny new bearings for good measure) -

however now I have to get the whole back end off again 'cos the shock has shot it's oil :evil:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>