engine oil

General spannery stuff
ozzy
On the Road

engine oil

Post by ozzy »

time for another oil change,done 10k miles.last time i used a semi synth silkolene,had a brouse though old postings about oil,not too much current on here so wondering what everyone uses.looked on silkolene website and they recomend fully sythetic for raptors,but iam alway causious about fully sythetic.you hear storys, plus have had clutch slip using fully syth on another bike before,but products move on so fast,and also notice M&P now sell a V twin silkolene oil in semi and full,but no mention of that on silkolene website.so what do you use?
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Not certain about that V twin oil - tis a little more dosh than semi synthetic - and it looks to me like another way of getting more money out of the punters (us)

I use Putoline Super DX semi synth (called synthetic fortified) changing it and the filter every 2500 to 3000 miles
haven't changed brand since I first had her apart from emergency top up (me being the idiot who didn't check levels before a long trip :oops: )

no no to fully synth, a mate had severe clutch slip after being advised to use it.

Maybe it's just for race ??
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
zorro
On the Road

Post by zorro »

Hi ozzy, ( good name ) :lol:

I use Shell Advance SX4 15-50 semi synthetic,that's what the local Suzuki dealer recommened.I think any brand of oil is okay,I change oil and filter every 4000 k's which I think is more important.

Regards zorro 8)
Cavia
On the Road

Post by Cavia »

Hi

valvoline 10w40 semi synth and oil/filter change every 6000 km
never need to refill so engine is keeping up well with that :)
No bike is ever finished!
stevepratt48
On the Road

Post by stevepratt48 »

Me, I'm a Tesco prisoner - full synthetic @ 7.95 for 2l, change every 3k, filter every 6.
Steve Pratt

Are you coming, or just naturally happy?
wreckah
On the Road

Post by wreckah »

full synth here, whatever brand i can get...the bike runs like a dream after 45000kms

never had any clutch slip.

i always used full synth in my tl1000's too, never had any slip due to the oil too.
Zane
On the Road

Post by Zane »

I use Elf 5w-40 fully sinthetic on the xtra raptor. Runs a treat.
Loves a squirt in the mountains with the Raptor....yeeeehaaaa