Fuel tank swapping 650 - 1000

General spannery stuff
mjsizemore

Fuel tank swapping 650 - 1000

Post by mjsizemore »

I thought it would be easier to swap tanks than to re-paint mine, so I bought a fuel tank which must be for a 650 Raptor. It has the same contours of my 2000 model year 1000 Raptor, but when I look at the underside of the tank on my 1000, it has a brass panel with a Suzuki decal held on by eight bolts with all the fuel lines and electrical lines connecting to it. The other tank has just one hole directly into the fiberglass for the fuel line and another for fuel return; no brass plate or threaded holes to attach it or accomodation for fuel pump wiring.
Has anyone tried cutting an opening into the bottom of a 650 tank to attach all the stuff needed to adapt the 1000 wiring and plumbing? Otherwise, anyone in the market for a brand new yellow tank for a 650 Raptor? Shipping from U.S. would be expensive.
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

OOPs... Ive certainly not tried it - even repairs to plastic tanks worry me never mind cutting the bottom off, but its probably an age thing,..... ignore me!

Some of the youft here may be more adventurous on these things... hopefully someone will know.

Sheb x
RaptorMan
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: John Hocking Raptorman

Post by RaptorMan »

The 650 tank also holds 1 litre more fuel cos the airbox is 1 litre smaller.
Poss clearance issues :idea:
Be Loud Be Proud Be Heard
2002 V RAP 1000,Raucous,Rebellious and Hooliganistic
1997 BLACKBIRD,Quiet,Refined and Comfortable