tl/raptor airbox

General spannery stuff
steve996
On the Road

tl/raptor airbox

Post by steve996 »

thought i would try tlmonkeys airbox mod on the rap,so i purchsed off e-bay a tls airbox(i just presumed they were the same) as i didnt want to cut mine up.airbox duly arrives,i whip the horns and tank off,and bugger they are quite different.the whole top of the airbox is a rather different shape and the airbox lid is different too.the tl box is sloped and the rap one is flat.the tl box does look like it has a larger internal volume too to flow more air.so there now ive made a balls up-you dont have to.live and learn. see ya
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Post by TLMONKEY »

Should have asked mate,i could have told ya they are different.
Just cut the hole in the top of yours mate,trust me everyone who has done it has been v.happy :)
Aussie Shagger
On the Road

Post by Aussie Shagger »

i'll vouch 4 that :D
Don't ya just dig a round-a-bout!.....2003 Xtra Raptor (222/999), Gold Renthal Bars, Giannelli Pipes, Throttle Rocker, Ventura Rack, Blue LED Instrument Panel, Headlight Protector, LED Tail Light.
ayuluv
On the Road

Post by ayuluv »

i haven done dat.. will it be better if we fix ram air instead of cutting the oem air box? Am not that technical btw...
raptorratte
On the Road

Post by raptorratte »

TLMONKEY wrote:55 years agoShould have asked mate,i could have told ya they are different.
Just cut the hole in the top of yours mate,trust me everyone who has done it has been v.happy :)
i di it to and it make a great differince :wink:
Drive it like you stole it
88/999
if you obey all the rules you miss al the fun
kev
On the Road

Re:

Post by kev »

[quote="TLMONKEY"]Should have asked mate,i could have told ya they are different.
Just cut the hole in the top of yours mate,trust me everyone who has done it has been v.happy :)[/
when you cut the hole out what do you do about the air filter :?: ]
993ti
On the Road

Re: tl/raptor airbox

Post by 993ti »

Cut a hole in it ;)
2003 Raptor 1000
Don't steal, the government doesn't like competition.