Broken Clutch Rod !!!!!

General spannery stuff
grubbymitts
On the Road

Broken Clutch Rod !!!!!

Post by grubbymitts »

:shock: It hasn't done this before.
Has anyone else experienced a broken clutch rod? The bikes a v-raptor thou with under 9k on an 2000 model.
Just went to pull away and i thought for a moment that the cable had snapped-turned out that the push rod had snapped about 25mm in. :? It looks like its been on its way for a while judging by the polished joint. When i hold the pieces together it looks like it was bent! Any suggestions?
I've only owned the bike for a couple of months and its been my daily transport up till now.
:roll: Also should the final drive seal have been replaced with the sprocket? _(its leaking a bit) -and just so i know how many teeth would the standard gearing have?-(It only does 135 and struggles for the last 5)-maybe i have to take the baffles out and annoy the neighbours to get through the 140 mark :twisted:
Cheers all
V.Shiney silver v-raptor v-stompy!!!
RaptorMan
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: John Hocking Raptorman

Post by RaptorMan »

Final drive seal doesn`t have to be replaced with the sprocket but if its leaking then you run the risk of gettin oil on your back tyre :shock:
Should pull nearer to 155 indicated so your gearing could be out,gimme a couple of days and i`ll count the teeth on my sprockets as I am still on the originals 12,500 miles and still goin strong 8) (and its not cos I bimble about either as I don`t)
Change the silencers anyway,stuff the neighbours,decent cans liberate about 15-20 horsepower.
As for the clutch rod :?: :?: 1st time i`ve heard that one :!:
Be Loud Be Proud Be Heard
2002 V RAP 1000,Raucous,Rebellious and Hooliganistic
1997 BLACKBIRD,Quiet,Refined and Comfortable
grubbymitts
On the Road

Post by grubbymitts »

Think i've found where the oil was coming from-the shaft that snapped was bent past the seal!! :shock: On the 100mm length, when i hold the bits together, i recon there's a 5mm bend. That must be where the oil was coming from-i'll have to get another seal from Suzuki.
As for the speed there must be something very wrong. When i bought it i had it up to 140 on the return trip but that was all.(commander tuned by hand settings)
The bikes got g&g high level titanium cans but i put the baffles back in cause they're too loud for daily use but didn't think it would knock the top end down that much. Its also running a power commander but its running on a TL pattern at the moment till i can find the vraptor ones-i know they're out there somewhere.
:D That was good fun though playing with the power commander. I had downloaded 3 settings to try and what a difference it made. The best bit was how long it took to change the settings,(about 3 min from stop to go) so you had your last run fresh in your mind. :D
:idea: Is it worth playing with the tre?
grubbymitts
On the Road

Post by grubbymitts »

Think i've found where the oil was coming from-the shaft that snapped was bent past the seal!! :shock: On the 100mm length, when i hold the bits together, i recon there's a 5mm bend. That must be where the oil was coming from-i'll have to get another seal from Suzuki.
As for the speed there must be something very wrong. When i bought it i had it up to 140 on the return trip but that was all.(commander tuned by hand settings)
The bikes got g&g high level titanium cans but i put the baffles back in cause they're too loud for daily use but didn't think it would knock the top end down that much. Its also running a power commander but its running on a TL pattern at the moment till i can find the vraptor ones-i know they're out there somewhere.
:D That was good fun though playing with the power commander. I had downloaded 3 settings to try and what a difference it made. The best bit was how long it took to change the settings,(about 3 min from stop to go) so you had your last run fresh in your mind. :D
:idea: Is it worth playing with the tre?
RaptorMan
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: John Hocking Raptorman

Post by RaptorMan »

Bin the TL spec power commander and get a V Rap specific Techlusion TFI, I have one on mine with G Force race cans,K&N filter and intake snouts removed and kicking 120 horses at the wheel :twisted: .
Do yourself a favour though and get it set up on a dyno,can make a huge difference. 8)

Try here for a TFI and they will prob be able to either set it up for you or know a man that can :idea:

http://www.fhmoto.co.uk/index.htm
Be Loud Be Proud Be Heard
2002 V RAP 1000,Raucous,Rebellious and Hooliganistic
1997 BLACKBIRD,Quiet,Refined and Comfortable
Aussie Shagger
On the Road

Post by Aussie Shagger »

Wow...De Ja Vue
Don't ya just dig a round-a-bout!.....2003 Xtra Raptor (222/999), Gold Renthal Bars, Giannelli Pipes, Throttle Rocker, Ventura Rack, Blue LED Instrument Panel, Headlight Protector, LED Tail Light.
Aussie Shagger
On the Road

Post by Aussie Shagger »

Wow...De Ja Vue. Quite a stutter there..
Don't ya just dig a round-a-bout!.....2003 Xtra Raptor (222/999), Gold Renthal Bars, Giannelli Pipes, Throttle Rocker, Ventura Rack, Blue LED Instrument Panel, Headlight Protector, LED Tail Light.