Temperature sensor

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
Amanda M
On the Road

Temperature sensor

Post by Amanda M »

This is a long shot before I put it up for sale...

As some of you probably know my raptor is having running problems under 82 degress where it will run rough and violently lurch at about 3000rpm in the first couple of gears...

Well, my hubby has been having a think and was wondering about trying to trick the bike into thinking it's warmed up when it's not. He needs to know where exactly the temperature sensor is, and if anyone has any temperature-resistance tables so he has a starting point.

His thought is that is it goes higher resistance when it's hot we can add a resistor in-line to tell it it's hotter than it really is (with a switch somewhere for cold starts) and that will stop the cold-running problem. If it goes lower resistance as it warms up he can put a switch in-line to tell it when it should be warmed up and it won't go back to 'cold-running' mode if it cools down in traffic at all.

Is this likely to work, or am I just p1ssing in the wind and should just sell it before it gets even worse.

This really is my last resort! Please help, because I'm really hating the bike right now :(

Amanda
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Amanda

I'm going therough the microfiches (do you have a copy? - I have it as a pdf and can email it to you if you want) - and there is an air temp sensor in the air box (fiche 23) but thats the only one I can see.

hope you sort it!
Amanda M
On the Road

Post by Amanda M »

shebee wrote:55 years agoAmanda

I'm going therough the microfiches (do you have a copy? - I have it as a pdf and can email it to you if you want) - and there is an air temp sensor in the air box (fiche 23) but thats the only one I can see.

hope you sort it!
If you could e-mail me the PDF's that'd be great (I'll PM you my e-mail addy).

The TLzone bods have pointed me in the direction of the engine temp sensor too so I'm going to check that out.

Cheers

Amanda
Cavia
On the Road

Post by Cavia »

HI

You can try this:

it gives the values and the position of the temp sensor
No bike is ever finished!
Amanda M
On the Road

Post by Amanda M »

Cheers for the pic! That's just the job :)