Running problem

General spannery stuff
xraptorman

Post by xraptorman »

Amanda,

Sounds like a mapping issue. A while back I tried a TRE to reduce the 3000 K stumbles. What I got - at 3000 it surged big time. Disconnecting the TRE returned the bike to what I had before. The slow to high speed mapping happens around this RPM. The gear shift has a series of resisters to tell the ECU which gear the bike is in. Then the "right" map is used. If you have a TRE, it may be faulty. It's really only a resister to fool the ECU. The other thing to check would be the TPS - this can result in very jerky behavior around the map change area (3000 rpm). This may seem strange, but try stopping, turn off the bike, and restart. It settles mine down when it's in one of those moods. (I think this may be caused by a funky sensor in my case).
Terry

2003 Xtra Raptor 223/999
StainTunes Pipes, K&N Air Filter, Techlusion Fuel Injection, Scott Oiler, and a bit of extra carbon
Amanda M
On the Road

Post by Amanda M »

Cheers xraptorman :)

I've had it looked at by a shop and we spent an afternoon trying different maps because nothing showed up as faulty as such. There's been some improvement by doing this but it's still not right though so I'm taking it back at some point when the weather is a bit more settled. Once it's 100% it's going up for sale because I need the money :(

Thanks again

Amanda
dirtydog
On the Road

Post by dirtydog »

Jeez Amanda that's a shame you're going to sell it! After ridig H's raptor a few times although i find it a bit cramped for me it is fun to ride :twisted:

Wanna buy my SV 'fighter? :wink:
Amanda M
On the Road

Post by Amanda M »

dirtydog wrote:55 years agoJeez Amanda that's a shame you're going to sell it! After ridig H's raptor a few times although i find it a bit cramped for me it is fun to ride :twisted:

Wanna buy my SV 'fighter? :wink:
:lol: I've got my bro's hornet now so am gonna tootle about on that for a while and pay off some debts :)
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Post by TLMONKEY »

Hi amanda,
Is your raptor at jbracing?
Just called a mate who happened to be there and asked if i had a spare tps they could try,unfortunately i aint.
Told him maybe try iapsensor.
Might take a spin up there with a spare 1 i got if he needs it.

So is it your bike amanda ?
Amanda M
On the Road

Post by Amanda M »

TLMONKEY wrote:55 years agoHi amanda,
Just called a mate who happened to be there and asked if i had a spare tps they could try,unfortunately i aint.

Hiya,

Yeah, unfortunately it is my bike :( It's getting a new TPS fitted, hopefully today. Cheers for the offer of yours, it's much appreciated. Fingers crossed the new one sorts the problem out - I should find out today.

Cheers

Amanda
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Post by TLMONKEY »

Amanda M wrote:55 years ago

Hiya,

Yeah, unfortunately it is my bike :( It's getting a new TPS fitted, hopefully today. Cheers for the offer of yours, it's much appreciated. Fingers crossed the new one sorts the problem out - I should find out today.

Cheers

Amanda
I went up there the nextday amanda,took my spare tps i found and jim tried it and it fixed the problem,so he is gonna fit the new 1 he's ordered when it comes and ill get mine back.
Amanda M
On the Road

Post by Amanda M »

TLMONKEY wrote:55 years ago

Hiya,

Cheers

Amanda
I went up there the nextday amanda,took my spare tps i found and jim tried it and it fixed the problem,so he is gonna fit the new 1 he's ordered when it comes and ill get mine back.
That is the best news I've had all week! Cheers TLMONKEY!!!!

Seriously, that is ace news. We had to have our cat put to sleep on sunday so I've been feeling really bad about pretty much everything and the bike was just adding to the stress.

Cheers again

Amanda
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Post by TLMONKEY »

TLMONKEY wrote:55 years ago
Hiya,

Cheers

Amanda
That is the best news I've had all week! Cheers TLMONKEY!!!!

Seriously, that is ace news. We had to have our cat put to sleep on sunday so I've been feeling really bad about pretty much everything and the bike was just adding to the stress.

Cheers again

Amanda
No problem amanda,i know what it's like when ya bike isnt running right and ya cant find the fault,spent most of last year chasing a fault
Amanda M
On the Road

Post by Amanda M »

I'll give them a bell later on, or tomorrow, and will go get it on saturday then. Yay! Coffee and ritual p155-taking of hubby's bike to look forward to :lol:

Raptor and TL owners = 8) Most helpful bunch of people I've ever known!

Amanda
Amanda M
On the Road

Post by Amanda M »

Got the raptor back on saturday with it's new TPS and a re-map and it runs sweet as anything now.

Cheers for all the help everyone :)

Amanda