Back Tyre

General spannery stuff
cookie 1964
On the Road

Back Tyre

Post by cookie 1964 »

Does any body know what is the largest rear tyre you can fit on a vraptor ? :twisted:
steve996
On the Road

tyre

Post by steve996 »

you can put a 190 rear on the rim but it will only make the bike turn slower and spoil the handling,but if your skint or desperate it wont kill you
Zane
On the Road

Post by Zane »

Have a 190 pilot sport fitted to the rear of my x Raptor. Handles just fine. Have compared it to a mates X Raptor with a 180, and you cant tell the difference in handling.

Looks Great on the bike the 190 FAT you could say. Will be getting a Pilot Road 190 rear soon. :D
Loves a squirt in the mountains with the Raptor....yeeeehaaaa
wreckah
On the Road

Post by wreckah »

i have a 190 diablo on it right now, because i had one lying around in the garage from my old TLS...

can't tell the difference in handling between this one and the 180 diablo i had on before.

i think the 190 gets curved more when they put it on the 5.5 rim, and maybe that compensates for the normally slower turning 190's vs 180's?

clears the hugger too :)
Zane
On the Road

Post by Zane »

Your right. Three days ago I hooked up with the agent for Bridgestone tyres Australia. he said that you notice the difference due to the angle of the tyre side wall being on more of an angle. I think the side wall makes it look very cool.

He also mentioned that when you first dip the bike over it may be a little harder. Which I think is not true at all. My mates bike is an X raptor too and as mentioned he has a 180. No difference. Even he couldnt notice any difference.

Hey, but I like the look of the tyre "Out There and Big"..... 8)
Loves a squirt in the mountains with the Raptor....yeeeehaaaa