Bars and handling

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
andy

Bars and handling

Post by andy »

I have only had my Raptor for a week and compared to my ex TRX the handling gives me a lot more confidence although i haven't ridden it much as we seem to be in monsoon season.
On a visit back to the dealer for a chat they mentioned a customer with a 650 Rap who had changed his bars for some Renthals (model unknown ) who says that the new bars have dramatically improved the handling.
Can someone please give me some advice on the advantages of changing my bars to a different pattern and whether the bars recomended are higher or lower than the originals.
Cheers
Andy
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

I'd imagine it's more to do with how you're comfortable on the bike than the bike's handling - if you prefer to be further forward/back then handling will feel better if the bars are where you need them. But I have standard bars so.....

I'll get me coat >>>>>>>>>>>>...
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
wreckah
On the Road

Post by wreckah »

i've had a rap 650 (sold to ex-gf now) with standard bars. After a longer ride, i had a little bit of pain in the hands, due to the bars not being quite perfect for me. (something with the angle of the bars, not the height)

i have a V-rap 1000 also now, and it had renthal bars, and i wasn't quite 100% happy with them too, so i changed them back to the standard V-rap flat bars, and it's way better. the V-rap 1000 bars are lower and less rotated than the naked 650 ones, and suit me just right :)

handling is no different though, it's just that some bars suit some people better, and you feel more comfortable with them.
ozzy
On the Road

Post by ozzy »

just changed my bars this week for rethals. there is no direct match for the Vrap.there is also a problem with clearance with the dummy air intakes/horns. the only bars that seem to fit are renthal ultra lows.changed mine as they were bent, had no issues with standard bars. renthals seem perfect, a few more miles will tell if better. also note, raptor bar ends dont fit rentals, you need renthal bar ends.nearly as much as bars.