Why do TLS make 15 more hp to a raptor 1000 motor ?

General spannery stuff
ozzraptor
On the Road

Re: Why do TLS make 15 more hp to a raptor 1000 motor ?

Post by ozzraptor »

Crap Tartan wrote:been searching about , I take it you have cut down these from the longer standard version as cant see anything the same?
Yes, the rest is in the bin :D
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Post by Crap Tartan »

Thought as much, now to try to find some at a reasonable price........................
nil illigitimae carborundum
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

These cost me about $50 posted , about the best i could find
Crap Tartan
On the Road

Post by Crap Tartan »

so whats that in old money?

seen some for £35 on ebay
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Crap Tartan wrote:so whats that in old money?

seen some for £35 on ebay
looks to be around the same ,just double up dollars in au almost $70 , i will continue playing with these but for the moment will have to wait for some more $$$

You know i also got to looking at the tlr right side where it comes out of the frame on a tlr and i think that could work maybe, i need to get one !
Crap Tartan
On the Road

Post by Crap Tartan »

I now have these fitted to each side of the bike using cut down TLS ducts, some wire mesh and large size black heatshrink to finish it all off!
Took some carving up of the ducts to get them to fit decent but the heatshrink now covers all that and am quite happy with end result.

Will take some pics and put them up tonight maybe......................
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Crap Tartan wrote:I now have these fitted to each side of the bike using cut down TLS ducts, some wire mesh and large size black heatshrink to finish it all off!
Took some carving up of the ducts to get them to fit decent but the heatshrink now covers all that and am quite happy with end result.

Will take some pics and put them up tonight maybe......................
hey thats great , are you going to do any tuning to the bike or seat of the pants tuning. Will be interesting to hear your thoughts, i think airbox mods would also be needed if you are getting some sort of ram air working? I may be wrong. I still have them on my list of things to do, so far just the right side finished but need to get the rubber boots for the left side.
Crap Tartan
On the Road

Post by Crap Tartan »

V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

Don't ride faster than your angels can fly !
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

very nice job :nod:
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Reading http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/289/1538/ ... -1000.aspx today, Miguel Galluzzi says:
The engine is just as Suzuki designed it. It has the same compression ratio, the same cams and the same cylinder heads. But we have done a lot of work with the exhaust, air-box and especially the engine management unit, to make the power unique to the Raptor.
So, has anyone considered fitting a TLS ECU?
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Spyke wrote:Reading http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/289/1538/ ... -1000.aspx today, Miguel Galluzzi says:
The engine is just as Suzuki designed it. It has the same compression ratio, the same cams and the same cylinder heads. But we have done a lot of work with the exhaust, air-box and especially the engine management unit, to make the power unique to the Raptor.
So, has anyone considered fitting a TLS ECU?
I read someone tried it with no real difference , a pc and dynotune ,exhaust and air filter is the only way without spending $$$ on the engine . How far you go with the exhaust and airbox/airfilter will also determine the end result in rwhp. In the article he says this engine is down 35hp on tl :blink: , i dont think so , not sure where he got his info from. Also a couple of other things were wrong in that article, it says cagiva run 320 front discs, didnt look like he did his homework too well :retrophrenology: . I think inlet and exhaust valve remain unchanged from the tl, 52mm tb's ,as compared with 54mm (sv1000) i bet the cam profile is different but cant be sure unless some else can share their knowledge.
Somewhere along the line i would like to try and fit a tl full system like M4 , i bet that would be sweet and i cant see there being too many problems with that , maybe a sv1000 rear spigot pipe would be close ? I never really liked slipons but they do save a lot of weight and give a better sound but dont really do much for performance. Slipon pipes are extremely limited on this bike, most come out of italy and are butt ugly , sorry, just my .02c Too bad m4 or yosh dont do one. Thats why i like this bike always something to do :D
turbomart
On the Road

Post by turbomart »

I personally dont think cagiva did anything regarding the ecu mapping.
The standard map runs very rich in all the upper gears which I believe is to compensate for the added ram air flow , since the rappy doesnt have ram air this should have been tuned out.