condensation bubbled petrol tank paint :(

General spannery stuff
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Re: condensation bubbled petrol tank paint :(

Post by dizzyblonde »

There were some very tiny ones, like the size of pinheads and smaller, and some not so tiny ones, about the size of a childs little finger nail. But of course, some are squished because like a plantpot I thought WTF is that sh1t...and poked em :blink:
Yeah my mate was ere last night saying he hoped it wasn't petrol trying to find its way out!

Maybe Ill be lucky.. but knowing me, and knowing how long this pi$$y crappy weather lasts, it'll stay or get worse :angry:

Thanks for the very boring explaination Az, I actually prefer to hear the boring, because I'm nosey and like to know why and how :nod:
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

:tada: :revrev: :thumbsup:

In the last week, with the temperatures outside warming up a tad, the bubbles have started to disappear :woot: . The small ones have gone, but the larger ones have only flattened, but I'm hoping they will go all together with a bit more time.

Phhhhhhheeeeeew no money to spend on a respray, so all good in my book :mrgreen:
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
weirdo
On the Road

Post by weirdo »

Is it really the warmer weather that did it, or did you polish it with clearasil ? :mrgreen:
To a Raptor....EVERYTHING else is just prey !!

WOOHOO!...TWINS!
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

:lol:

fuunaaee feckire!
AZ
On the Road

Post by AZ »

Good news ,happy for yer :thumbsup:.
NOTE; bikes do not have air brakes,lofting the front wheel will have an effect on a bikes braking efficiency.
dont arf get the adrenalin pumpin tho!!!
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

:wavesad:

Me again :rant:

This year the Rap has been left uncovered in that god forsaken shed. We were going to have it knocked down and something suitable built, but as always, these things never seem to happen :(

The tanks worse than last year, its spread like a rash!!!!

Oh feck, its really gonna need respraying now, them blisters are so big they're asking to be poked. The rain and wind has gotten so heavy over December its just saturated the whole place. SV is fine, poor Kitty, she'd have been better being used over winter than being kept for summer.

Az.....if you read this...... do you still do the spraying??,,,,might have a little job for ya if you're interested later in the year.
AZ
On the Road

Post by AZ »

Sorry to hear this but to be honest i was expecting it as once the paint has lost adhesion then it`s only going to go one way :( .
I couldn`t say for sure if i would be able to paint it for you yet as i`ve got a lot going on whith a possible job change,rebuilding my Rap, my Jag to finish and going to the states in March,busy time.If it`s not too late for you then get in touch in April and i`ll see what i can do.
NOTE; bikes do not have air brakes,lofting the front wheel will have an effect on a bikes braking efficiency.
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Cheers Az.

It wouldn't be straight away anyway, or in the immediate future...not my day, the Freelander has decided to start banging and vibrating rather loudly when turning.....I'm almost certain what it is, and its expensive :(

Its more likely to be nearer summer time, as the bike won't be on the road until then.
AZ
On the Road

Post by AZ »

No problem,just give me a poke when you`re ready for paint and we`ll talk,i think you`ll be pleased with what i could do and how cheap it will be.If you don`t mind a different colour start looking now,best to know what you want ahead of time so you`re really sure.If you`re thinking of just doing the tank then i`d` rather do the mudguard and fairing(if it`s a `v`) as well as it will mean the paint shade will be perfect between panels and it doesn`t take much longer really and hardly any more paint,any way have a think and let me know at any time,cheers,Howard.
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Its a V. I also have a hugger and belly pan in silver, so its likely I'd have the tank and nose in silver too. I got it for being unmolested so to speak, I like my bikes to try and stay as near to their original skin as poss.

Although I have always said if I was to have chance of respraying a bike I loved, it would be ... and please don't laugh....
the colour of my first 125, a super Honda rebel(NOT)...twas a nice greeny blue colour, dependant on which light it was in.

...but we'll see in a month or few :wink:
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

I hope that was a long time ago Dizz. You are too honest i would have lied and said Rg125 or something( i dareant say what my first road legal bike was .The shame The shame) :shock:
Bit of a Muppet
AZ
On the Road

Post by AZ »

Don`t be a chicken,tell us :nod: .
vassilis67
On the Road

Post by vassilis67 »

I am taking it to a new thread...
It's all greek to me....
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Never leave your Raptor in a moisture ttrap over winter.
Thankfully a new tank has been found and delivered.

weirdo
On the Road

Post by weirdo »

:shock: OMG ...

POXORAPTOR !! ....... UNCLEAN!! ......UNCLEAN!! :yuck:
To a Raptor....EVERYTHING else is just prey !!

WOOHOO!...TWINS!