PAIR removal

General spannery stuff
Gfunk
On the Road

PAIR removal

Post by Gfunk »

Just removed the pair system from my 2000 raptor (1000cc) and now it will not idle! I've capped off the two vacum pipes but have left the two exhaust plates off as i need to make some up, could this be the problem?

I know most people also block off the two pipes that lead down to the cylinder head but prefered them removed from the engine.

SO....will the problem go when I have made up the blanking plates or have i created other 'problems'? :roll:

p.s I have checked that the vacum pipes are air tight.
:lol:
Thanks in advance Craig.
Cavia
On the Road

Post by Cavia »

Hi
So you removed everything, the valve,pipes that go to the exhaust ports
the line from the airbox to the valve and the line going from the throttle body to the valve (vacuum from engine)?
Even though you checked I still think the symptoms you described look like air is getting drawn in into the trottle body vacuum takeoff causing it to run badly
The plates missing on the cilinder heads are in the exhaust port past the exhaust valve so should not be to much of a problem.
Maybe something else has come off during the proces (it's a mess under there)
I remember a vacuum damper reservoir sitting close to the valve maybe something came off there

hope this helps

cheers
No bike is ever finished!
Miz
On the Road

Rough Running

Post by Miz »

My understanding is that there is no air being let into the exhaust when under power only on the over-run, if you have not blanked off the ports on the heads air is being sucked in all the time and affecting the way that the exhaust gases exit the cylinder, so it could well be the cause of your rough running.

Miz.
152/999
carnivore
On the Road

Post by carnivore »

Here the address sv1000 site it's in the FAQ section and includes info on the pair system and how to disable it, may be of some help.
http://www.suzukisv1000.com/
where's the bar?
Gfunk
On the Road

Post by Gfunk »

Thanks everyone!

By looking on the SV1000 site an also by CAVIAS' discription i've noticed that i have removed the vacuum damper reservoir and blocked off the pipe.

If I have time on Friday i'll refit the reservoir and let you know how I got on. :wink:

Thanks for your help Craig.
Gfunk
On the Road

Post by Gfunk »

Shot with W810i at 2007-06-29

Have now got the Raptor running sweet! I removed the vacuum pipe to a sensor for the ecu! This was the reason it wouldn't idle. As you can see I also removed all the vacuum pipes for the flap in the airbox, a bit more induction noise but thats about it.
Cavia
On the Road

Post by Cavia »

Hi

Also removed that one and the airbox flap as well and then made the hole where the flap was bigger (that was the real restriction, it's smaller than one throttle body)
But for all the work I did, airbox had to come off ,lots off mess from cutting the box in the garage lots of swearing to get it all back together :twisted: :twisted: it was better to have done the airbox lid mod
I saw about 2 months later on the forum.
Would have given similar or better results

oh well..

cheers
No bike is ever finished!