Sidestand

General spannery stuff
raptor001
On the Road

Sidestand

Post by raptor001 »

Hi there,

My sidestand got bent mysteriously! Prob due to the strong winds recently. Does anyone know where to get one? I've searched ebay and can't find any. Mine is a V Raptor 650. Many thanks!
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Hi, sorry to hear that.. I dont know of an equivalent, but there are other 650ers here who might... fingers crossed for you!
Miz
On the Road

Bent Stand

Post by Miz »

Hi,

Take the side stand off and visit your local engineering workshop, they should be able to make a copy using the top of your old stand and welding the new part to it.

Miz.
152/999
ozzy
On the Road

Post by ozzy »

i have a side stand you can have.its of a 1000 v rap,phone 3x as see if its the same. i had one made in stainless last year.the metal lug on my frame broke off,we welded it back on,but got angle not quite right so bike sat too low.so till new longer one was made i welded nut on the bottom, thats easily ground off.if it is of any use you can have if,no use to me,but please check first as i would rather give it to some who will use it for sure.dont get online as often as i would like,so might be a few days b4 i see your reply.quicker if you send you phone no via personal mail.
ozzy
On the Road

Post by ozzy »

did stand arrive ok,was it suitable once cleaned up.
raptor001
On the Road

Post by raptor001 »

Hey Ozzy!

Yes the stand arrived ok! I've not fitted it yet. Will give it a go this weekend. Many thanks for your help!