Leaky Fork

General spannery stuff
snapdragon

Leaky Fork

Post by snapdragon »

Arggh

Lovely weather - bank holiday wekend - so I take the Rap for a nice day out down to Shebee's place :D

Extracting her from the garage to come home there was a telltale oil slick on the floor - seems she has a leaky from the nearside fork. :cry:

So riding back home like grandma on a jolly to the church social :roll: (well with a little more care than usual at least) am reet fed up :(

I can get them stripped and put back together all right - but if the seal is totally f.u.c.t. does anyone know the part number for the seals? can I get one from a Suzi dealer or general motor factor? or do I have to go through Cagiva for this one?
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
stevepratt48
On the Road

Post by stevepratt48 »

Normally, there are plenty on 'Bay. Of course, if you want them, they'll have disappeared!
I can recommend 'Simply bearings', if you can get the seal, to measure it, generally by return service.
Steve Pratt

Are you coming, or just naturally happy?
forza
On the Road

Post by forza »

Try gear 4 bikes, excellent delivery nearly always next day.
Size is, or at least for my v-rap is, 43 x 54 x 11.
Hope that helps.
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Thanks all - as mine is a V Raptor but with a normale front I guess they will be the same - ordered some from Gear 4 Bikes - thanks Forza.

If (big IF) they're not needed on this occasion they'll go into stock - cos sure as eggs is eggs I'll be needing them at sometime

fingers crossed there's nothing else wrong :shock:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>