Flap for front spark plug

General spannery stuff
raptor001
On the Road

Flap for front spark plug

Post by raptor001 »

Hi,

I was browsing around in a bike shop a couple of days ago and saw an SV650S with a front plastic flap hanging of the radiator covering the front spark plug. I don't know whether that was standard issue or the owner just added it on. I think its a good idea and want to get one installed on mine. I've got a piece of rubber flap but I'm looking for ways to mount it. Has anyone done it before? Or are there some aftermarket parts available?
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Mine has one - fitted by raptordoc - i think he just screwed it to the rear baseplate bit of the radiator

Best remove rad and look for suitable (non fluid filled) mounting points I reckon.

Xtra raptors now have them as standard I heard

- it stops the water ingress and also the cold water on the front sparky lead cap - which gets damaged due to hot/coldness changing thingy

techno numptie I :shock:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
raptor001
On the Road

Post by raptor001 »

Hello again,

Would you be able to take and post some pics of the flap here? Especially the mounting brackets and how and where they're mounted. Much appreciated!
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

ah, yes, errm :oops: , I shall buy a camera and see what emerges
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Brihass
On the Road

Post by Brihass »

Have one fitted to my X-rap,

simply a small "L" shaped bracket from each of the underside mounting bolts locating the electric cooling fan, then the rubber shield is then riveted to the brackets.

regards.
140/999 Xtra Raptor.....Carbon Quill Cans, Carbon Hugger, Carbon Rear Guard, Carbon Bar End Mirrors, Renthal Bars, Belly Pan, Power Commander, K&N, TRE, Iridium Plugs, Silicon Leads, 2CT's.