Dyno results coming up

Chat about anything
jeffgre_6163
On the Road

Dyno results coming up

Post by jeffgre_6163 »

I dropped my Raptor off at a very well respected tuner today to it tuned and generally checked out.
He will dyno tune it for the first time since I have put in the Hi flow filter, removed the snorkels and put the new pipes on.
I will post the results early next week.
philattersall
On the Road

Post by philattersall »

had mine on a dyno the other week. It's standard (9,000miles) other than a K&N air fliter,

peak power was 101.7bhp
torque was 68lb

compared to an SV1000 with race cans and TLs with cans, and power commander, it produced more power than both until 9,000 revs!

whilst they both made more top end 110, 125. it was much higher in the rev range than i go

so pleased over all. though. whats this about 'snorkels removed' what are they and what does removing them do?

one thing though. whilst on the dyno, one of the wing mirrors smashed! so £30 for the run, and £35 for new mirrors! just my luck
RaptorMan
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: John Hocking Raptorman

Post by RaptorMan »

G Force race cans,Techlusion TFI,K&N air filter,intake snorkels removed,120 bhp at wheel,can`t remember torque but it went through the roof and holds it right up to 10,000rpm :twisted:
Done a standing quarter mile in 11.13 @125 mph 8)
TFI set up by TTS near Silverstone.

PS.The snorkels we refer to sit on either side of the airbox and between frame tubes,rubber items only held on with a jubilee clip and according to TTS are worth 5 HP alone.
Be Loud Be Proud Be Heard
2002 V RAP 1000,Raucous,Rebellious and Hooliganistic
1997 BLACKBIRD,Quiet,Refined and Comfortable
Patkin
On the Road

Post by Patkin »

Dont know about the snorkels on later models but on both my V raptor and my xtra raptor the snorkels simply pull off....no clips, bugger to put back on though !!!
Another Buell? OMG...........Shouldn't it be much slower than that?
xraptorman

Post by xraptorman »

Staintunes without baffles, intake snorkels removed, K&N, Techlusion
This produced 105 bhp at the rear wheel with 18,000 km in the clock.

The Techlusion was added to smooth out the 3000 rpm blues. It has for the most part, every now and then it rears it's head to remind me. The air fuel mixture is spot on accross the whole rev range with a very flat torque curve.
Terry

2003 Xtra Raptor 223/999
StainTunes Pipes, K&N Air Filter, Techlusion Fuel Injection, Scott Oiler, and a bit of extra carbon
jeffgre_6163
On the Road

Post by jeffgre_6163 »

xraptorman wrote:Staintunes without baffles, intake snorkels removed, K&N, Techlusion
This produced 105 bhp at the rear wheel with 18,000 km in the clock.

The Techlusion was added to smooth out the 3000 rpm blues. It has for the most part, every now and then it rears it's head to remind me. The air fuel mixture is spot on accross the whole rev range with a very flat torque curve.
It will interesting to compare.
I have the staintunes as well.
Roll on 4.00pm when I pick it up!
jeffgre_6163
On the Road

Post by jeffgre_6163 »

Results are in
105.3 at the back wheel

He also got it to run much better with a bit of fidling with the fuel air mixture on the TPS.

Interestingly he also compared it to the other 2 Raptors that he has dynoed.

They are all so close.
All of them are around the 104 - 105 mark.

Raptor Man - what else have you done to yours to get 120?
wreckah
On the Road

Post by wreckah »

105 feels about right...i had 3 TLS's in the past years, and they all feel a little bit more powerfull up top. In the normal RMP regions, the raptor feels exactly the same, if not a little bit stronger 8)
RaptorMan
On the Road

Post by RaptorMan »

I have G Force full race cans which maxmoto tested to be the best of the bunch,a Techlusion TFI,K&N filter,airbox snorkels removed.
I put the cans on myself but the rest was set up by TTS near Silverstone.
From what I undestand the cans alone were worth nearly 20 horses and the snorkels were holding back 5 horses on their own :!:
jeffgre_6163
On the Road

Post by jeffgre_6163 »

RaptorMan wrote:I have G Force full race cans which maxmoto tested to be the best of the bunch,a Techlusion TFI,K&N filter,airbox snorkels removed.
I put the cans on myself but the rest was set up by TTS near Silverstone.
From what I undestand the cans alone were worth nearly 20 horses and the snorkels were holding back 5 horses on their own :!:
Thats impressive gains from just cans, air cleaner and snorkel removal.
I know the Techlusion product is good but according to my mechanics advice they aren't good for huge gains. More of a tuning tool than a straight out performance enhancement

In regard to cans the best ever result I know about from a can change was back in the mid - late 90's with the Suzuki Bandit 1200.
The bike press agreed globaly that with a decent can you could release 18-20 HP.

Since then technolgy has changed to a point where its getting harder and harder (and much more expensive) to get big gobs of power from a motor.

I dunno, maybe you just got a one off hand assembled bike assembled by a caring employee who had a great sex life and loved his job.

Enjoy your 120 RWHP, I know I would
RaptorMan
On the Road

Post by RaptorMan »

Maybe I did get lucky with my bike then.From wot everyone else says 105 is about the average :!:
Regardless of bhp I enjoy it anyway,bit extra power never hurt anyone,just makes wheelies easier and Lamborghini disposal much more fun :twisted:
Black No.1
On the Road

Post by Black No.1 »

Went on a TLZone Dyno run. My Rappie came next to last with 108 at the back wheel. The guy doing the dyno said it was the 1st rappie he's done and it was a hell of a lot smoother then the TL's :wink:
2001 Cagiva Raptor 1K, black with copper flake, matching wheels with polished rims, matris steering damper, braking wavy disks, digi gear indicator, SV1K belly pan, tail tidy, clear clutch cover, ccc titanium cans, LED rear light.
wreckah
On the Road

Post by wreckah »

feels hell of alot smoother too...my rap runs almost like a four cylinder, so smooth, almost no vibration, first start of the button and it purrs nicely, never stalls, runs perfectly stable at any RPM, no surging at all...

The three TLS's i had were all alot less smooth...surging, stalling, etc. apparently cagiva did a good homework mapping the rap!