bits + pieces

Technical stuff specific to the V and Xtra raptors
Brihass
On the Road

bits + pieces

Post by Brihass »

Have had my X-Rap (140/999) for approx. 12 months, great bike, loads of fun and certainly different, but does have a few little flaws...

paint a little thin on tank, has anyone managed to get a Bat Black paint code,
or fitted any kind of traction pads or paint saver sheets, if so, what do they fit and look like?

steering damper clamps cracked (appear to be made of chocolate) has anyone tried fitting or mod'ing the Harris fork leg clamps?

Love the naked look (Bike..not me!!), but getting my head ripped off at "fun time" speeds, does the Skidmarx screen help, and does anyone have any pictures of it fitted to their bike? the skidmarx stock shot doesn't really show enough.

Enough of the few negatives ..... On the positive side, which by far out-weigh the negs .... and you will already know .... What a bike, pulls like a train, handles a dream and stands out from the run of the mill brigade.

PS. Recently fitted a pair of Michelin Pilot 2CT dual compounds - Awesome - realise tyres can be a personal choice - but would recommend these to anyone.

thanks and regards
:twisted:
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Welcome to the asylum - or have I already said that?

If you do a search on the site you might find a link to paint suppliers. as to the screen I know others have assorted versions, but the one I fitted to mine made her twitch at high speed so I took it off again.

I'm a bit fluffy this morning so I may not be making sense. Need more coffee

:roll:
RaptorMan
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: John Hocking Raptorman

Post by RaptorMan »

Brihass the http://www.skidmarx.co.uk/ screen is easy to fit and makes a big difference at speed and you might be able to get paint from these boys http://www.bike-paint.co.uk/ 8)

Pic of mine with screen

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Be Loud Be Proud Be Heard
2002 V RAP 1000,Raucous,Rebellious and Hooliganistic
1997 BLACKBIRD,Quiet,Refined and Comfortable
Brihass
On the Road

Post by Brihass »

Cheers, Raptorman.

Which size is your screen, and have you cut it down?

ps. was on the island for the TT with the bike, come over usually every 4-6 weeks. Will be back with the bike for the 2007 TT if we can sort out ferries.

regards

Brihass.
140/999 Xtra Raptor.....Carbon Quill Cans, Carbon Hugger, Carbon Rear Guard, Carbon Bar End Mirrors, Renthal Bars, Belly Pan, Power Commander, K&N, TRE, Iridium Plugs, Silicon Leads, 2CT's.
RaptorMan
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: John Hocking Raptorman

Post by RaptorMan »

Hi Brihass,when I bought my screen they only did the one size :?: which is 50cm from tip to tip and no I have not cut it down it is as they intended it to be :)
You will have to let me know next time you are coming over and we could arrange to meet up :!:
Be Loud Be Proud Be Heard
2002 V RAP 1000,Raucous,Rebellious and Hooliganistic
1997 BLACKBIRD,Quiet,Refined and Comfortable