Can I get an aftermarket seat cowl?

Technical stuff specific to the V and Xtra raptors
rapt

Can I get an aftermarket seat cowl?

Post by rapt »

Having been gob-smacked with my girlfriend's 2001 650 Raptor, I've just purchased a 2001 V-Raptor (red, 12,000kms, Remus carbon fibre mufflers, otherwise stock).

However, its missing the seat cowl.

Does anyone know where I can get one??
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Welcome to the asylum :)

I dont know of any aftermarket suppliers for the cowl, best bet is probably ebay unless some one here has a spare in 'stock' :lol:
ozzy
On the Road

Post by ozzy »

look in classified ads, click on belly pan wanted, the 2 links there will take you to companies that make grp(plastic) or carbon cowls.brought one myself from forza in carbon, looks amazing.word of warning though they require the cushioned seat hump no matter what they made of and where you get them.I sold my standard cowl with the cushion bit when i upgraded to carbon only to be left with a 3 month wait for the padded bit from importer
stof
On the Road

Post by stof »

Check out Team Corse ,they do a real neat tailpiece ,unfortunately they are german and don't accept credit cards or paypal,had no end of problems trying to order from them ,but the goodies they do for the rap are gorgeous.
ozzy
On the Road

Post by ozzy »

team corsa stuff looks very nice on their site, carbon looks more highly polished than uk stuff, noticed a down side, where as some of their prices are on a par with local stuff, bits like the dummy air ducts are a total rip off, £110 more using latest online currency conversion. thats before postage too.thought mine were expensive.happy now.nice stuff ,but to keep it looking right you would need to use them for all your carbon. with forza you can atleast specify what size weave you want so if like me you have picked up bits elsewhere you can keep it all looking exactly the same.
TLoo
On the Road

Post by TLoo »

Thierry, "Swiss made", V-Raptor 650
hpyraptor
On the Road

Post by hpyraptor »

Hey Rapt,

I've gotta surplus standard seat cowl if you're still looking. See Classifieds.

Cheers, Dave
RaptorMan
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: John Hocking Raptorman

Post by RaptorMan »

Saw this in Classified on this site earlier,will find again and send link to page.

Raptor Parts -

1. Single seat hump. Standard part in very good condition. Includes the soft pads. Price £50 plus postage

2. Hepco and Becker rack - brilliant piece of kit built especially for the Raptors. Only used once in anger. Cost £100 new. Price £50 plus postage.

Offered here before E bay
Be Loud Be Proud Be Heard
2002 V RAP 1000,Raucous,Rebellious and Hooliganistic
1997 BLACKBIRD,Quiet,Refined and Comfortable
RaptorMan
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: John Hocking Raptorman

Post by RaptorMan »

Here is the link to seat hump for sale.

http://raptors.ukbikeforum.co.uk/viewto ... 8131778740
Be Loud Be Proud Be Heard
2002 V RAP 1000,Raucous,Rebellious and Hooliganistic