2 weeks with the beast

Make your first post here, say "Hi" and buy a virtual round
andy

2 weeks with the beast

Post by andy »

It's been 2 weeks since I joined the raptor asylum and I have spent a lot of that time wondering if I should have had a sports bike after all.
I have now decided definitely not.
I must admit to being somewhat disappointed with the sound from the stock exhausts, not quite right for a powerfull V twin, so I have fitted a pair of Scorpion oval titanium road legal cans and the first time I started her up the front of my pants got all sticky. :oops: What a transformation,she now sounds as vicious as she looks.
If anyone thought it was thundering yesterday it was probably me trying the cans with the baffles out, definitely not necessary. :shock:
She has threatened me a couple of times , it is too easy to either lift the front end or spin the back wheel but she is calming me down as I get used to the way she bites.
It has been a while since I have had a bike that I just want to ride for the fun of it and spend loads of money personalising, already having the cans and carbon hugger, tail tidy next.
My mouth is dry after all that so one more ride then a few glasses of neck lubricant
hope this aint too long winded but i'm like a kid with a new toy :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers
Andy
wreckah
On the Road

Post by wreckah »

i hopped on my race-TLS for the first time in half a year, and it was so much less fun than the rap 1000, so i hear what you're saying :)

i also got scorpion cans, unbafled, and OMG it's crazy in town when you give it a bit throttle 8) (had lots of unwanted wheelies and rear wheel slides too :D )

i cannot ride this thing constantly, must open and close the throttle all the time! :D mmmmmmmmmmm
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

I took mine out for a 'pobble' today - T'other half on his S3 Buell was suffering from a bad back ( NOT MY FAULT - I did offer to have the taps end! :wink: ) so we were riding reasonably but the grin factor is still as strong as ever ... I do love that bike!! 8)
att
On the Road

Re: 2 weeks with the beast

Post by att »

andy wrote:55 years agoIt's been 2 weeks since I joined the raptor asylum and I have spent a lot of that time wondering if I should have had a sports bike after all.
I have now decided definitely not.
I must admit to being somewhat disappointed with the sound from the stock exhausts, not quite right for a powerfull V twin, so I have fitted a pair of Scorpion oval titanium road legal cans and the first time I started her up the front of my pants got all sticky. :oops: What a transformation,she now sounds as vicious as she looks.
If anyone thought it was thundering yesterday it was probably me trying the cans with the baffles out, definitely not necessary. :shock:
She has threatened me a couple of times , it is too easy to either lift the front end or spin the back wheel but she is calming me down as I get used to the way she bites.
It has been a while since I have had a bike that I just want to ride for the fun of it and spend loads of money personalising, already having the cans and carbon hugger, tail tidy next.
My mouth is dry after all that so one more ride then a few glasses of neck lubricant
hope this aint too long winded but i'm like a kid with a new toy :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers
Andy
SNAP........Even down to the Scorpions, I took my baffles out a few days ago and have not been able to ride since, been unwell, snot in the helmet etc..!

Took her out to get some fuel today.....Mmmmmmm, very tasty....Addictive I would say.

This summer is going to be a good one :D