How fast has your Raptor been?

Chat about anything
DeanoSeadog
On the Road

How fast has your Raptor been?

Post by DeanoSeadog »

I got mine up to 233, man was it windy! Felt like it had more but I was running out of road/nerve.
Shlockengronk
On the Road

Post by Shlockengronk »

stupid aussies hey...i just tried this the other week at 2am on a coolish night, it gets to 200 real quick but took forever to get to 250 on the V, same again ran out of road/nerve (i think its got a bit more)
Life starts at 45.......................degrees
TLoo
On the Road

Post by TLoo »

247 on my ex V-raptor 1000... I had sort of Tear off on my helmet.... I lost it!!!!

Now with my 650 Vraptor, never tried faster than 165km/h (I have it for 2 weeks only...)
Thierry, "Swiss made", V-Raptor 650
DeanoSeadog
On the Road

Post by DeanoSeadog »

woah, 250 is flying! That must have been right on the redline! I'm not sure mine would get there, its way past peak torque by then. Plus I'd be scared of hitting bumps at that speed!
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

erm.... Ive just done the conversions to mph

Ive never been that fast on mine - I get bouncing shades long before that (I could put the visor down, but by the time I get the bounce I'm not taking my paws off the bars for anything !!) :shock:
DeanoSeadog
On the Road

Post by DeanoSeadog »

Well I hit 240km/h down the straight at eastern creek last monday. Thats now the fastest I have been on it. I think taking the mirrors off did actually help the top speed!
Runs With Scissors
On the Road

Post by Runs With Scissors »

200+ kph yesterday :D Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
245 a few months back, left mirror wilted, helmet tried to strangle me and flatten my nose, :? Fast enough, don't need to do THAT again.....
(If you are an Aussie copper the above is a pack of lies, officer :wink: )

Ciao
If you aren't living on the edge you are taking up too much room.
Runs With Scissors
On the Road

Post by Runs With Scissors »

Just noticed.... is it just we antipodeans who seem to have a death wish?
Crash Test Dummies for the rest of the world? :?
If you aren't living on the edge you are taking up too much room.
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

Runs With Scissors wrote:55 years agoJust noticed.... is it just we antipodeans who seem to have a death wish?
Maybe... But I suspect its more that you have less occifers per mile of suitable thrashing road, or maybe that the Brits are more modest :) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mike Edwards
On the Road

Post by Mike Edwards »

TLoo wrote:55 years ago247 on my ex V-raptor 1000... I had sort of Tear off on my helmet.... I lost it!!!!

Now with my 650 Vraptor, never tried faster than 165km/h (I have it for 2 weeks only...)
I managed slightly over 200 kp/h on my 650 :D
JimBo
On the Road

Post by JimBo »

Runs With Scissors wrote:55 years agoJust noticed.... is it just we antipodeans who seem to have a death wish?
No mate, its just that you guys down there don't have tractors coming out of side turnings every 200 metres :shock: .
You just have to watch for the 'roos :lol: .
So many motorcycles, so little money!
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

your numbers are higher than ours :lol: - WTF is 200kph in real money?

I get nose flattened at 90+ and the right mirror swings in at 80+ (really must fettle that :oops: )
with me on board she's been to 125 (being chased by a racy type car - and no I don't know what it was - silver ok?)
at which point i stopped looking at the clocks and started looking for a get out clause 'cos I was finding it difficult to hold on.
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Torquemaster
On the Road

Flat out

Post by Torquemaster »

Had an indicated 149 mph once. what is that about 240kph?
JLittler
On the Road

Re: Flat out

Post by JLittler »

Dec 05 The Xraptor claimed to be doing 254Km/hr (158mph) which was pretty much everything it had. Took a couple of K to get to it. GPS records on the same bit of road 6 months earlier - last time I attempted a top speed run - indicated the speedo was optimistic by about 12K at 220K, so 254 is probably 240 real (150) plus or minus a mph. The July run I had to abort at 220 because the wind buffet just made it too uncomfortable (there were serious cross winds)

For the Aussies - was on the long straight on the road between Gloucester and Walcha about 50K short of walcha heading north (after the corners and the mountain)

Torquemaster wrote:55 years agoHad an indicated 149 mph once. what is that about 240kph?
DeanoSeadog
On the Road

Post by DeanoSeadog »

ahh, that whole area leading into walcha is high speed heaven! i think if i lived around there i'd almost be tempted to buy one of those girlie faired bikes!