Tail Chop/Tail Tidy

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
Mr Kippa

Tail Chop/Tail Tidy

Post by Mr Kippa »

I wonder if anybody can help, I have seen quite a few picture of Raptors with the rear ends looking a lot better without the big bits of plastic hanging of the back. Does anybody know if there is a tail tidy kit for the raptor.

Thanks
numanoid
On the Road

Post by numanoid »

my mate fabricated one for me. Its amazing. Its not on the bike yet but when it is I will take some photos. Im sure he is up for making more. The plate tucks right up too the rear light.
You know I hate to ask, but, are friends electric?
ozzy
On the Road

Post by ozzy »

mine was already sorted when I brought it.someone has made a box about 2 and a half inches deep,inch high,and 1cm bigger either side than the original plate light unit in width.hole drilled on sides for small arrow indicators.plate light on rear,plate mounted to tabs on underneath.brings the plate right up to rear light,keeping everything tidy and tight.looks so simple to make.will sent a photo if you send me your email address
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

sounds interesting I'd like to see (maybe even fit) one of those :D
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
hebs

Post by hebs »

I took the whole plastic number plate holder off and put an R-Send from motrax on it, it has to have a smaller number plate on it but it looks so much better and wasn't all that difficult to do. I'll send pics if anyone wants any.
Mr Kippa

Post by Mr Kippa »

Hebs could you send me a pic please thanks
hebs

Post by hebs »

sorry didn't mean to repeat myself, i wasn't telling me it had been posted. Yeah sure, whats your e-mail and i'll get them to ya.
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

tidied up now hebs
SnappY
woslxn
On the Road

Tail Tidy

Post by woslxn »

Mr Kippa wrote:55 years agoHebs could you send me a pic please thanks
Hi,
Can you eMail me pic. as well
rj.durham@blueyonder.co.uk
Ta
hebs

Post by hebs »

Hi guys sorry i've not e mailed the photos i've been having probs with my e mail accepting attatchments. I'm gonna try and host the pictures somewhere and put a link on here. Hopefully won't be long.
Richie

Post by Richie »

Just sorted the rear of my bike out by removing all the plastic tail peace and using a Motrax kit to mount a small 10x2.5'' :wink: number plate and finished off with arrow head indicators.
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

to mount a small 10x2.5'' number plate
and just when the local fuzz are having a crack down on small plates - Richie you're either very brave or have friends in high places :shock:
SnappY
numanoid
On the Road

Post by numanoid »

Here are 2 pics of my rear end clean up. As you can see I have no number plate light but the screws have lights in them angled down. A nice clean up mod i thought. First pic is waiting to be dynod. Second is on the dyno

http://server2.uploadit.org/files/numanoid-rapnew.JPG
http://server2.uploadit.org/files/numanoid-rear2.JPG
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Hmm 8) looks tidy :D my only worry would be getting cr@p all over my back in foul weather
SnappY
numanoid
On the Road

Post by numanoid »

when i did it to my SV1000 that was a MAJOR problem